What's up with PSP GO?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by MasterMan, Jan 13, 2011.

Jan 13, 2011

What's up with PSP GO? by MasterMan at 6:37 PM (896 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. MasterMan
    OP

Newcomer MasterMan Advanced Member

Brazil
    Hi all, me again.
    PSP GO has bluetooth connection and i can connect mine to my old Nokia N73 smartphone. My question is: for what? What use GO's bt has but connect a DualShock 3? I mean, i can't send or receive files from/to the PSP. I even can't connet to my netbook. It finds the wiimote and even shows his name though.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    N73 sees PSP and shows the earphones icon whenn connected.​

[​IMG]
    PSP pairs with N73.​

[​IMG]
    Rivals?​
    ps

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You can tether to the internet through some phones by connecting via bluetooth, and this is the purpose of the functionality. Not all phones will work I believe, google about a bit to try and find out if yours will.

EDIT: AFAIK, pairing with Wii Remote will fail. There is a CFW plugin (for use in HEN) that allows you to connect to any bluetooth device, but it still only supports the same protocols, so its largely pointless (i.e. it won't let you transfer files or use wii remote or anything like that)

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The PSP Go itself is largely pointless....Bluetooth just makes people feel like they're missing something, kind of like the fact PSP 1000's and 2000's don't have a microphone built in, and encourages people to buy for that added feature amongst other things.