Gaming What's the name of this old Windows game ?

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been looking for a specific Computer game for several years now but could never find it. So this is why I though I could try to ask you

So there's this game that I played when I was about 6 years old back in 2006. I played it on my cousin's PC so that's why I don't remember the game. The game was about a small Dinosaur/Crocodile like figure. As far as I can remember you don't have any special moves such as punching, kicking, stomping or any other moves. I think the main goal of the game was to move forward. I don't remember anything about collecting anything or saving a princess such as in Mario games

I remember that you started the game in a sea/wood like scenery where you were surrounded by a bit of water and land and had to jump from little bridge like sections to other bride like sections until you reached another area. I remember that the next area was a cave with a single train car similar to the ones from Donkey Kong games but compared to Donkey Kong it was much easier and a 3D game. This game was very unique it didn't have any kind of influence from other games

I've never gotten far into the game because it never belonged to me and was preinstalled on my cousin's computer so I couldn't transfer it somehow

Does someone know the name of this game ?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
If this is about PC games, you are posting in the wrong section. This is the Switch section. :teach:

Is that Croc or Croc 2, by any chance? :)

Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this is about PC games, you are posting in the wrong section. This is the Switch section. :teach:

View attachment 245494
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong section after I uploaded it. I read Computer games so I thought this was the Computer games section instead of the Switch games section. I was fairly confused after I found out

The game in the picture is Croc 1 although I've never played this myself. To be honest the game I'm looking for doesn't have much of a resemblance with Croc. I've never played Croc myself but based on the knowledge I gathered about this game in comparison to Croc the controls were fairly easy and very accurate. I didn't have any problems with the controls and the game I'm looking for was fairly easy

As much as I can remember the target of the game I'm looking for was kids at the age of 6 or younger. I don't remember having to read anything in this game and the controls weren't that complicated either. You could only go forward, backwards, to the side and jump. The graphics looked much more child like and brighter

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 245494
Ok I just did some research and found out that the game I'm looking for actually looks and apparently plays a lot similar to the game I'm looking for. But still the colors of the game I'm looking for were a lot more vibrant and brighter

I also don't remember any NPCs you could talk to. You were all by yourself on an island like place. Also this cart you could ride in Croc 2 kind of reminded me of that game I'm looking for. But in comparison the cart you could ride in that game was closed like in the Donkey Kong games. Riding this cart felt more like a roller coaster because of these small hills

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong section after I uploaded it. I read Computer games so I thought this was the Computer games section instead of the Switch games section. I was fairly confused after I found out

The game in the picture is Croc 1 although I've never played this myself. To be honest the game I'm looking for doesn't have much of a resemblance with Croc. I've never played Croc myself but based on the knowledge I gathered about this game in comparison to Croc the controls were fairly easy and very accurate. I didn't have any problems with the controls and the game I'm looking for was fairly easy

As much as I can remember the target of the game I'm looking for was kids at the age of 6 or younger. I don't remember having to read anything in this game and the controls weren't that complicated either. You could only go forward, backwards, to the side and jump. The graphics looked much more child like and brighter

Ok I just did some research and found out that the game I'm looking for actually looks and apparently plays a lot similar to the game I'm looking for. But still the colors of the game I'm looking for were a lot more vibrant and brighter

I also don't remember any NPCs you could talk to. You were all by yourself on an island like place. Also this cart you could ride in Croc 2 kind of reminded me of that game I'm looking for. But in comparison the cart you could ride in that game was closed like in the Donkey Kong games. Riding this cart felt more like a roller coaster because of these small hills

The only games that come to my mind with a "small Dinosaur/Crocodile like figure" and the description you gave on your original post are Croc and Croc 2. There may be other similar games that I'm not aware of, so just keep looking. I'm sure you will find it eventually. Don't forget to post the name of the game here once you find it. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo