What's the catch?!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mbcrazed, Apr 14, 2014.

1. mbcrazed
    OP

mbcrazed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    China
    GBATemp
    So recently I've been looking on nds-card.com, and the deals are WAY better than realhotstuff! Plus, free shipping! Woah man, what's the catch? AND 100% tested?! This is legit right? Thanks Tempers!~

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Well two things. First, I believe they ship from China, so expect 3 weeks to a month (or more, I haven't ordered from them, so don't know. Also depends on shipping option chosen.

Faster shipping is available, but will cost more and thus isn't free shipping anymore), and second there have been a few reports of FashionPay (the vender this website uses to process Debit/Credit card transactions) placing extra unauthorized withdraws from the card used to pay for the item.

It seems isolated to only a few at this point. Aside from that I haven't heard anything overtly bad about them.

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I did order one thing from them once, just a pack of screen protectors, everything went fine with it. As said, since they're based in China it is going to take considerably longer to get to you than ordering from a US based retailer like RHS would. I think I've only heard of 3 incidents in the few years they've been our sponsor that their payment processor did something weird with the charges, in any case the purchaser's bank seems to have resolved it in each incident.

Here is their ShopTemp page, which has actual reviews from users who have shopped there. As a bonus, purchases made through them help keeps our site up and running!

4. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I wouldn't buy from them till the fashionpay thing is cleared up :/