Hardware What's taking so long for cobalt blue 3ds to come to north america

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is coming out with all kinds of stuff which is great, but what I really wanted was the cobalt blue 3ds. Dark blue is my fave colour and I was really upset that they localized the purple one instead of the dark blue. Seriously, purple 3ds, 3ds xl, everything except what I really want.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
With the new revision I doubt it will come to North America. You might get lucky with the Fire Emblem with coming to North America in 2013 though.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They keep different colors in different regions.

The US never got white. We got purple instead.

I don't expect to see every color reach every region.

Edit:

I forgot they were phasing out the aqua blue.

I don't think we'll see white for the normal 3DS, but maybe cobalt blue once aqua blue is out of production.

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I guess that's a good idea

I haven't gotten the 3ds and I thought waiting for one to coming in my favorite colour would make more sense than running out and getting one too soon.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, if the cobalt one is that important to you, then wait for it. Downside is it might never be released in NA. If you can survive with a different color, you could always get the light blue one or something more basic like the black one, and if it comes down to it, replace the housing with a blue one when they become more readily available to purchase.

But you also gotta factor in how much you want the system itself. If you're on the fence, then I'd hold off, and see if maybe the cobalt one will be released at some point. But if you want it really bad, then the above applies.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They'll probably keep Aqua Blue for the rest of the world and make Cobalt Blue a japan exclusive color

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
They keep different colors in different regions.

The US never got white. We got purple instead.

I don't expect to see every color reach every region.

Edit:

I forgot they were phasing out the aqua blue.

I don't think we'll see white for the normal 3DS, but maybe cobalt blue once aqua blue is out of production.
Aqua Blue discontinuation only affects Japan.

(somewhat ironically) Japan is the only region to get cobalt blue.

NintenNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've emailed Nintendo of America twice now in regards about the Cobalt Blue
3DS coming to North America. All they told me was that they have no plans to right now :(, but they will put my requests on record and make sure they get to the right people in Nintendo of America that this request regards. But who knows...
They recently announced the release of the Matte Blue (Metallic Blue) DSi to North America, they are a little late though, and plus I had bought mine when it was available during the Black Friday special bundled with 5 pre installed Mario games, and it was under the name Metallic Blue, so perhaps this is a sign that Nintendo won't localize this color until the end of the 3DS's life span.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1