Hacking Whats keeping you?

Why havent you bought a slot 1 card?

• No money :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already have a slot 2 card, and does everything I need.

• I already bought one! / its in the mail!

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
meh i guess it's prolly because the slot 1 options hasn't really stabilized yet and besides i play allot of gba games from time to time but then again i guess i could just hang onto my slot 2 card for the purpose of gba games

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I find buying any kind of new flashcard if you already have a working one pretty pointless. I couldn't see why people wanted a card that sits flush with the DS/DSLite in the first place.
Actually I can see the appeal of flush-fitting carts. It makes sense if you keep the DS lite in a case of some sort so you don't have to keep taking the cart out. But that's the only reason, a cart sticking out doesn't affect gameplay at all so it's definitely not worth upgrading just for that. It's more like an added bonus than a reason in itself.

It also depends what the current flashcart does. Mine's kinda old, unsupported by a lot of DS homebrew authors and as far as I know (I could be wrong) it can only hold 1 DS application at a time, which makes using it for PDA and utility stuff a bit pointless. So while the cart works perfectly fine for GBA, it's not ideal for DS stuff.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I brought m3simply to replace my SC SD cause it was sticking out
tongue.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Nooooo Mo-nah!!!!

If I did have a bit of cash to kill though, I'd be getting something based on how well it handled the homebrew. As much as I like my G6 Lite, it seems to be more than a little weak in that area. So the next thing I get will be able to handle DSOrganize with all capabilities intact.

I do envy the R4/M3S owners their skinnability though...
...but homebrew homebrew homebrew!

Best slot 1 for homebrew?
I know... search function, ok ok.

SpartanShu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the backwards compatibility isn't an issue for me with DS hardware. I think the revision is going to be more than a bigger screen. The writing is on the wall for nintendo. I'm watching the updates on the new IPHONE by apple on the heels of MS stating that zune will be playing video games soon. A rumored PSP with a built in hard drive is allegedly on the way as well. Nintendo will need to match somehow. Losing the gba port and adding sd card for music, media, and Virtual Console interoperability with Wii (excluding n64 games of course) makes a ton of sense. Plus, by using expandable media, it keeps hardware costs low. I'm sure the slot 1's of the world will work fine on it, I'd just rather play my hunch and wait.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I said this when I saw the first slot 1 solution appear on the market:

These will not be useful until games begin making significant use of slot 2 expansion packs such as rumble and RAM. If more games require the RAM expansion, these slot 1 cards will explode in popularity. Until then, slot 2 offers more value.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm still waiting for my R4!

Ithought if I ordered it from Spain, it would get here quicker, but it's still pending!
mad.gif

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
I brought a G6 like a month before slot 1's started to come out.
I will get one though in the summer with a 2gb sd card.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I couldn't see why people wanted a card that sits flush with the DS/DSLite in the first place. Now, everyone wants a Slot1 card.

Veho, can I just ask, have you ever seen an M3CF in a DSLite? It's makes your shiny new Lite look so fugly it's just ridiculous, plus, there's no chance you're getting those two to sit in a case while they are together.

As for me, I'm looking at getting the cheapest (decent) cart I can that will sit flush with my Lite, I don't care which slot it goes in. However, that's after I get my Wii of course, so I'll probably wait until March.

Kirby66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for a review on the EZ Flash V, and to see what this 'M3 DS Real' is. Plus, recently, I've had a lack of interest in NDS games. Not enough to justify the 70-90 dollars on a Slot 1 + 2GB MicroSD

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho, can I just ask, have you ever seen an M3CF in a DSLite? It's makes your shiny new Lite look so fugly it's just ridiculous, plus, there's no chance you're getting those two to sit in a case while they are together.

I've seen the GBAMP V2 CF in a DS Lite, and I'll assume the M3 CF looks the same. Yes, it looks ugly, but not ugly enough to warrant buying a completely new flashcard if you already have an M3. Spending that much money on what boils down to vanity seems pointless to me.

I should have phrased my thought better; I understand choosing a flush-fitting flashcard as your first flashcard, or if you are upgrading to a better flashcard, but going from an M3 SD to an M3 Lite microSD only to make your DS look pretty, well, I can't understand that. And lots of people are doing just that: replacing their flashcards because they are "ugly".

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand choosing a flush-fitting flashcard as your first flashcard, or if you are upgrading to a better flashcard, but going from an M3 SD to an M3 Lite microSD only to make your DS look pretty, well, I can't understand that. And lots of people are doing just that: replacing their flashcards because they are "ugly".
Exactly. And becuase of regulations on EBay and similar sites it's not as if they can sell the old M3 to get some of the money back either. So a perfectly working cart becomes a £70 paperweight. Pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol