Status
Not open for further replies.

radders248

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its been about a week/ten days since hg/ss were dumped, all the carts that matter have a fix and m3 users are left waiting?
Theres a guy on the m3 forums saying he knows a friend of an m3 team member and says the new frmware isnt too far away, but chances are hes yet anutha troll.

So does anyone have any idea when the next m3 update could be out?

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you people just wait patiently? The M3 Team are probably really annoyed by people constantly asking whether they are finished with the update/fix for this game. They are working hard to aid their fans/followers, and nagging isn't going to help. Heck its starting to annoy me, also try not to double post topics
tongue.gif

The patch will come soon, don't worry.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Bently said:
Could you people just wait patiently? The M3 Team are probably really annoyed by people constantly asking whether they are finished with the update/fix for this game. They are working hard to aid their fans/followers, and nagging isn't going to help. Heck its starting to annoy me, also try not to double post topics
tongue.gif

Normally I'd come to defend a Scener or "coding enthusiast" (like Dark Alex) because it's their work that they're doing on their own time and not getting compensated for, however, we paid the M3 Team so I understand why other M3 DS Real owners are upset.

In any case, you're right nagging won't help; we're still entitled to it.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Golin said:
Bently said:
tongue.gif

Normally I'd come to defend a Scener or "coding enthusiast" (like Dark Alex) because it's their work that they're doing on their own time and not getting compensated for, however, we paid the M3 Team so I understand why other M3 DS Real owners are upset.

In any case, you're right nagging won't help; we're still entitled to it.

Buying a $15 cart =/= Paying a coder's goddamned salary. You can cut it with the entitlement act. What did you pay...$25 MAX for the flash cart? This magical device can play almost EVERY DS game EVER MADE? For Free? And you can use homebrew, not to mention emulators, music and movies? All for free? Blow it out your back end. $25 or even $50, hell even $100 is a hell of a deal for what it already does, so maybe you can quit cracking the whip at the people you barely payed a penny for every hour they spent coding and designing your magical piracy device, and appreciate what you have already, and just hope and pray that they find you worthy for their next firmware upgrade (which most likely will include HG/SS fixes)

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Buying a $15 cart =/= Paying a coder's goddamned salary. You can cut it with the entitlement act. What did you pay...$25 MAX for the flash cart? This magical device can play almost EVERY DS game EVER MADE? For Free? And you can use homebrew, not to mention emulators, music and movies? All for free? Blow it out your back end. $25 or even $50, hell even $100 is a hell of a deal for what it already does, so maybe you can quit cracking the whip at the people you barely payed a penny for every hour they spent coding and designing your magical piracy device, and appreciate what you have already, and just hope and pray that they find you worthy for their next firmware upgrade (which most likely will include HG/SS fixes)
It doesn't matter how you put it, we paid them. There's not going around it. Yes, we paid for parts and labor to construct the devices, but that goes with support as well. Do you know how I know that? Because if it didn't include support there would no longer be an M3 Team. So if you could buzz off now, thanks.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Golin said:
dudeonline said:
It doesn't matter how you put it, we paid them. There's not going around it. Yes, we paid for parts and labor to construct the devices, but that goes with support as well. Do you know how I know that? Because if it didn't include support there would no longer be an M3 Team. So if you could buzz off now, thanks.

Unless you are personally paying the M3 team's salary as monthly fees for said support you can't say shit. Just like I'm not entitled to beat down Bill Gate's door if I find a certain application doesnt work with Windows 7. No matter how you look at it, you're a self-absorbed little shit.

deka01

Trophies
XP
Country
A supposed admin just posted this link http://www.m3iforum.com/index.php?topic=34...&#post-1756
--
The estimated release date for the UPDATE to firmware version 4.8 is MONDAY, MARCH 22

We deeply apologize for the long wait guys and we hope you will stay with M3

The process is taking longer than expected due to unexpected exploit loops remaining parsed with the internal kernel, please note that all other Flash Card updates have a critical flaw, your save file gets corrupted after 75 hours of gameplay or after you train 30 pokemon to level 100, whichever one comes first, this was an additional anti-piracy patch included by Nintendo to discourage use of Flash Cards, we could not communicate with our fans due to our servers being hacked, we have reason to believe the culprit is the Acekard group.
--

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deka01 said:
A supposed admin just posted this link http://www.m3iforum.com/index.php?topic=34...&#post-1756
--
The estimated release date for the UPDATE to firmware version 4.8 is MONDAY, MARCH 22

The process is taking longer than expected due to unexpected exploit loops remaining parsed with the internal kernel, please note that all other Flash Card updates have a critical flaw, your save file gets corrupted after 75 hours of gameplay or after you train 30 pokemon to level 100, whichever one comes first, this was an additional anti-piracy patch included by Nintendo to discourage use of Flash Cards, we could not communicate with our fans due to our servers being hacked, we have reason to believe the culprit is the Acekard group.
--

I really hope that is true, this would really stick a cork in all these whiney bitch's here.

"Ohh acekard and cyclods already have a fix", oh yeah? Have fun with your corrupted saves, mofos.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DeltaBurnt said:
deka01 said:
--

--

I really hope that is true, this would really stick a cork in all these whiney bitch's here.

"Ohh acekard and cyclods already have a fix", oh yeah? Have fun with your corrupted saves, mofos.

administrator

Group: Members

^^^ Considering this, I highly doubt it. If it were true, why have we not heard of this problem until now? Surely the hardcore pokemon fanboys have put in 75+ hours into their game to let us know.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
DeltaBurnt said:
deka01 said:
--

--

administrator

^^^ Considering this, I highly doubt it. If it were true, why have we not heard of this problem until now? Surely the hardcore pokemon fanboys have put in 75+ hours into their game to let us know.

That is pretty shady.

Oh well, I just wish people would shutup about a fix. "omgud its been 8 days, wahh". They don't even take into account that some flashcarts will never get a damn fix >.>

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DeltaBurnt said:
dudeonline said:
DeltaBurnt said:
deka01 said:
--

--

administrator

That is pretty shady.

Oh well, I just wish people would shutup about a fix. "omgud its been 8 days, wahh". They don't even take into account that some flashcarts will never get a damn fix >.>

I don't mind it. In fact, as shitty as it may seem, its what makes the flashcart scene go around. Whoever updates their carts the fastest wins the race, and most likely their sales go up because of it.

The people I absolutely cannot stand are like the douchebag above me, thinking he's entitled to immediate patches just because he bought a cheap china-made flash cart.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
I don't mind it. In fact, as shitty as it may seem, its what makes the flashcart scene go around. Whoever updates their carts the fastest wins the race, and most likely their sales go up because of it.

The people I absolutely cannot stand are like the douchebag above me, thinking he's entitled to immediate patches just because he bought a cheap china-made flash cart.

Amen to that. Making patches and fixes definitely isn't easy, and I wouldn't take 20 bucks for half a weeks work on ONE fix. No way in hell.

At this day in age, with really good lawyers, bad economy, etc. you're entitled to nothing besides your own possessions and rights.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Unless you are personally paying the M3 team's salary as monthly fees for said support you can't say shit. Just like I'm not entitled to beat down Bill Gate's door if I find a certain application doesnt work with Windows 7. No matter how you look at it, you're a self-absorbed little shit.Haha, see that's where you're wrong. If I buy Windows 7, I get support. I get constant updates, I get Security Essentials, I get Microsoft Works, Power Point Viewer, Service Packs, Customer Service, the whole nine yards. And guess what I don't pay any type of monthly fee, I just bought the one product.
QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Mar 20 2010, 11:37 PM) Amen to that. Making patches and fixes definitely isn't easy, and I wouldn't take 20 bucks for half a weeks work on ONE fix. No way in hell.

At this day in age, with really good lawyers, bad economy, etc. you're entitled to nothing besides your own possessions and rights.
No one says that creating a patch is easy, that's why not everyone does it. However, when you buy a product you're entitled to the support that is expected to go along with the product. That's the same reason many electronic devices get updates and such to improve features, fix security flaws, fix bugs, and such. dudeonline, however, believes that the consumer holds no right to expect having their flashcart supported by the manufacturer in a timely matter which is absurd.

It is our right as a consumer to expect the basics associated with purchasing a product. That's like the basics they teach in first-year Business/Economics.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Golin said:
dudeonline said:
Unless you are personally paying the M3 team's salary as monthly fees for said support you can't say shit. Just like I'm not entitled to beat down Bill Gate's door if I find a certain application doesnt work with Windows 7. No matter how you look at it, you're a self-absorbed little shit.
Haha, see that's where you're wrong. If I buy Windows 7, I get support. I get constant updates, I get Security Essentials, I get Microsoft Works, Power Point Viewer, Service Packs, Customer Service, the whole nine yards. And guess what I don't pay any type of monthly fee, I just bought the one product.
Good for you, the fix will come so its not like their not giving it to you and if you dont like it just buy the game

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would so love an update for my iTouchDS... I *reeeeally* want to play HG/SS lol. But I guess I have other things to keep me occupied... diagnosing/fixing my gf's pc, homework, applying for jobs and scholarships, and DQ5 DS.

I still check simplepluseasy and gbatemp multiple times daily for any news of a fix though... *dodges glares*

Dark Justice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
members.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe people actually can't wait for an update. You have a card that can play hundreds of other games.. Go play something else while you wait. I am sure it's not easy coding. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you try and code it? See how far you get. Sitting here and whining about it won't change a thing. We might see an update tomorrow. If you want the game that badly, go out and buy the game.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Justice said:
I can't believe people actually can't wait for an update. You have a card that can play hundreds of other games.. Go play something else while you wait. I am sure it's not easy coding. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you try and code it? See how far you get. Sitting here and whining about it won't change a thing. We might see an update tomorrow. If you want the game that badly, go out and buy the game.
More than 4500 NDS roms and with GbaEXP More than 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I think I did the it broke a few months later