Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Dark Justice said:
I can't believe people actually can't wait for an update. You have a card that can play hundreds of other games.. Go play something else while you wait. I am sure it's not easy coding. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you try and code it? See how far you get. Sitting here and whining about it won't change a thing. We might see an update tomorrow. If you want the game that badly, go out and buy the game.
You're right, it isn't easy coding and finding a solution that can bypass Nintendo's anti-piracy efforts, but neither is coding the fixes for security issues with Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit and 64-bit versions); however customers will expect those updates to be released in a timely manner (and finally a Service Pack when the time comes). We, the consumers, do not have to code it; that's not our part of the contract (the contract is the receipt).

But yeah, if one wants the game that badly they should just buy the retail copy or one of the competitor's products that does get the job done and have a team supporting it in a timely manner. I very much agree with you there.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golin said:
Dark Justice said:
I can't believe people actually can't wait for an update. You have a card that can play hundreds of other games.. Go play something else while you wait. I am sure it's not easy coding. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you try and code it? See how far you get. Sitting here and whining about it won't change a thing. We might see an update tomorrow. If you want the game that badly, go out and buy the game.
You're right, it isn't easy coding and finding a solution that can bypass Nintendo's anti-piracy efforts, but neither is coding the fixes for security issues with Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit and 64-bit versions); however customers will expect those updates to be released in a timely manner (and finally a Service Pack when the time comes). We, the consumers, do not have to code it; that's not our part of the contract (the contract is the receipt).

But yeah, if one wants the game that badly they should just buy the retail copy or one of the competitor's products that does get the job done and have a team supporting it in a timely manner. I very much agree with you there.

Windows 7 costs $119. Thats a bit more than an m3.
And also, a receipt is never a contract. Buying a product does not imply that the makers must maintain it after sell.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
tomorrow there could be a update

Could be. Quite honestly I have been saying "there could be an update in the next few hours" since HGSS came out... thats gotten me nowhere though rofl. Though it has made me come here to GBATemp a lot more though... and I am actually finding this site very interesting, both on the NDS and GBA sections.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team M3 is happy to sell cards for $20+ but they're lazy about updates. M3 is lazy about a lot of things. Always have been. Things are different now than they were in the slot 2 days. Now people want updates in a few days and they'll buy whatever card can deliver.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
And also, a receipt is never a contract. Buying a product does not imply that the makers must maintain it after sell.
It doesn't matter how much a product costs, it still has to be supported. And yes, a receipt IS a contract, any first-year Business/Economics student can tell you that. But you're right, it doesn't imply that the makers must maintain it after sell--the invisible hand gives consumers good enough reason to imply that markers must maintain it after sell.

louiek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Golin said:
dhjohn said:
It doesn't matter how much a product costs, it still has to be supported. And yes, a receipt IS a contract, any first-year Business/Economics student can tell you that. But you're right, it doesn't imply that the makers must maintain it after sell--the invisible hand gives consumers good enough reason to imply that markers must maintain it after sell.

Consumer rights....for a device primarily designed for piracy. That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Maybe if your homebrew was no longer compatible you'd have an argument. How about you walk into your local Consumer Advocate's office and say "OMG my m3 doesn't play my pirated copies of HG/SS. Breach of contract!!" Let me know how that works out for you.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
I really hope that is true, this would really stick a cork in all these whiney bitch's here.

"Ohh acekard and cyclods already have a fix", oh yeah? Have fun with your corrupted saves, mofos.
I'm a cyclods user and guess what. Nothings wrong with my save file so ha in your face you...you....i'm guessing m3 who could barely play HG/SS.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
louiek said:
Consumer rights....for a device primarily designed for piracy. That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Maybe if your homebrew was no longer compatible you'd have an argument. How about you walk into your local Consumer Advocate's office and say "OMG my m3 doesn't play my pirated copies of HG/SS. Breach of contract!!" Let me know how that works out for you.
Right, just like using a computer to hack... but if you're using a Windows 7 PC or Mac... you'd still have rights to the updates. Yes, you're a hacker and you may be using the computer for illegal activities yet... you purchased the computer legitimately and are entitled to the support that goes along with it. Although one could argue a computer isn't primarily designed for piracy, but then again that's all up to the eye of the beholder.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Golin said:
louiek said:
Right, just like using a computer to hack... but if you're using a Windows 7 PC or Mac... you'd still have rights to the updates. Yes, you're a hacker and you may be using the computer for illegal activities yet... you purchased the computer legitimately and are entitled to the support that goes along with it. Although one could argue a computer isn't primarily designed for piracy, but then again that's all up to the eye of the beholder.

When you're ready to come back to the real world give me a call.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Golin said:
louiek said:
Consumer rights....for a device primarily designed for piracy. That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Maybe if your homebrew was no longer compatible you'd have an argument. How about you walk into your local Consumer Advocate's office and say "OMG my m3 doesn't play my pirated copies of HG/SS. Breach of contract!!" Let me know how that works out for you.Right, just like using a computer to hack... but if you're using a Windows 7 PC or Mac... you'd still have rights to the updates. Yes, you're a hacker and you may be using the computer for illegal activities yet... you purchased the computer legitimately and are entitled to the support that goes along with it. Although one could argue a computer isn't primarily designed for piracy, but then again that's all up to the eye of the beholder.

When you're ready to come back to the real world give me a call.

This.

You aren't entitled to updates for your OS.

Look at Windows 95, does it get updates anymore? No it doesn't, because you're not entitled to updates.

Also buying an M3 and getting updates from their team is different than buying a computer and getting updates from Microsoft. First of all Microsoft doesn't make the computer. Second, the computer makers only make 1 piece of software and that's the BIOS. Third, you can put different firmwares on a PC (and sorta on a Mac).

QUOTE(gamefreak94 @ Mar 22 2010, 01:19 AM) QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Mar 21 2010, 08:06 AM)
I really hope that is true, this would really stick a cork in all these whiney bitch's here.

"Ohh acekard and cyclods already have a fix", oh yeah? Have fun with your corrupted saves, mofos.
I'm a cyclods user and guess what. Nothings wrong with my save file so ha in your face you...you....i'm guessing m3 who could barely play HG/SS.

Obvious Cyclo fanboy troll.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
This.

Look at Windows 95, does it get updates anymore? No it doesn't, because you're not entitled to updates.

Also buying an M3 and getting updates from their team is different than buying a computer and getting updates from Microsoft. First of all Microsoft doesn't make the computer. Second, the computer makers only make 1 piece of software and that's the BIOS. Third, you can put different firmwares on a PC (and sorta on a Mac).
Sorry, that's an incredibly weak argument. Windows 95 is no longer update because Microsoft officially dropped support for legacy OSs, so are you saying the M3 Team has officially dropped support for the G6 DS Real, M3i Zero, and the M3 DS Real?

You can put different firmware on the PC? I can't say I've seen this occur much, I've seen firmware hacks for routers, smart phones, and the like... never a PC. But I don't see how that matters in a manufacture supporting their product.

However, since we're on this subject. Isn't it the router manufacturer's responsibility to release a new firmware that conforms to today's standards so as long as the hardware can support it? Yes, I think so.

So as you can see it doesn't matter if the manufacture just develops software, hardware, or both because (like we've already discussed) router manufacturers are expected by the consumer to release up-to-date firmware within a timely manner. Again, I do not understand why so many people on this forum is so quick to bend over to the manufacturers (or in most cases corporations). I suppose theories can only go so far...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golin said:
DeltaBurnt said:
This.

You can put different firmware on the PC? I can't say I've seen this occur much, I've seen firmware hacks for routers, smart phones, and the like... never a PC. But I don't see how that matters in a manufacture supporting their product.

By firmwares I meant OSes, as in if Microsoft drops support for XP you can switch to Linux (or even upgrade to Windows 7).

If you think you're so entitled to updates, why don't you go tell the Acekard team to get off their ass and start updating for the acekard in a timely manner. Then, and only then, come here and continue complaining about the M3 team being a week or two late.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should wait.

Maybe they're waiting for more games to come out so they can include all the fixes in one major update (maybe even WarioWare DIY).
Go play Ace Attorney Investigations or something else. Cave Story came out today on WiiWare, so hey~

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LeonardoGolden said:
People should wait.

Maybe they're waiting for more games to come out so they can include all the fixes in one major update (maybe even WarioWare DIY).
Go play Ace Attorney Investigations or something else. Cave Story came out today on WiiWare, so hey~

What? That came out today!?

*scurries away*

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
By firmwares I meant OSes, as in if Microsoft drops support for XP you can switch to Linux (or even upgrade to Windows 7).

If you think you're so entitled to updates, why don't you go tell the Acekard team to get off their ass and start updating for the acekard in a timely manner. Then, and only then, come here and continue complaining about the M3 team being a week or two late.
Why should I complain to Acekard when I do not own one of their products? I don't have the right to complain to a manufacturer when I have absolutely no relationship with that group.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
WTF? People are still buying GBalpha's products and wonder that their support is crap? Do you ever learn? Your own fault for buying from a shady supplier like that.

Wouldn't touch their stuff with a ten foot pole.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golin said:
DeltaBurnt said:

Why should I complain to Acekard when I do not own one of their products? I don't have the right to complain to a manufacturer when I have absolutely no relationship with that group.

I'm just saying that things are different for every flashcart.

If you look at the acekard, they haven't gotten an official update in a loooong while. But the acekard owners don't give a shit, and they don't yell "I'm entitled to my fucking updates!" because they have an unofficial firmware like AKAIO.

BraveToaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golin, it must be nice to live in your little world.

Where is this contract I assume you have where the m3 team agreed to give you weekly firmware updates for the monthly fee you pay?
rolleyes.gif

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
BraveToaster said:
Golin, it must be nice to live in your little world.

Where is this contract I assume you have where the m3 team agreed to give you weekly firmware updates for the monthly fee you pay?
rolleyes.gif
The receipt is a contract between consumer and producer. First year Business/Economics stuff, not too hard to understand.

By the way, if you look at the flag next to my member number, it's obvious that I'm from the United States of America... We live in the same "world."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1