Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I recently had a wiikey installed, and could play backups fine. A couple of minutes ago, I flashed my wiikey with the 1.9b update. Now, it won't read ANY discs? It will say "disc cannot be read". How do I fix this? Thanks.

IPICADO

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok, I recently had a wiikey installed, and could play backups fine. A couple of minutes ago, I flashed my wiikey with the 1.9b update. Now, it won't read ANY discs? It will say "disc cannot be read". How do I fix this? Thanks.

Hi bro., I have the same problem as You and I wanna know if You finally solved your problem and how You did it and share it with us!!!
wink2.gif
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance for your answer bro.

lordcoxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola

I also had my Wii playing backups just fine. Yesterday I turned it on and it can't read any backups at all (no Wiikey setup discs, nothing), just originals
frown.gif
The wii wasn't moved around or anything that could cause the chip to move inside. Is this a recurring trend when using wiikeys?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I think it's to do with the different areas of the chips.
They have a 'flash' area where the main firmware is and an 'eeprom' area where basic settings are kept and can be changed ect

If the eeprom area isn't programmed (many clones come this way) or original wiikeys may be become corrupt, then with the addition of the wii's 3.x firmware, booting even a standard gcos disc is impossible, and a workaround is required... hence the pre-boot discs.

lordcoxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I think it's to do with the different areas of the chips.
They have a 'flash' area where the main firmware is and an 'eeprom' area where basic settings are kept and can be changed ect

If the eeprom area isn't programmed (many clones come this way) or original wiikeys may be become corrupt, then with the addition of the wii's 3.x firmware, booting even a standard gcos disc is impossible, and a workaround is required... hence the pre-boot discs.

It didn't work
frown.gif
It seems that as soon as I put a backup in the drive it stops reading, whereas it reads originals just fine. Is a Wii fitted with an original Wiikey supposed to run originals if the chip has gone bad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo