What would you want to see in a snake game?

Exaltys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you could add features to the snake game of old, what would you want to see?

For those of you unfamiliar with snake games, they are the games where you eat the apple/pellet/etc. and your snake grows longer. You are constantly moving and if you crash into a wall or yourself, you lose.

Example of a snake game:

[youtube]w8tw7hORpXg[/youtube]

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
at last his head and i want to see some food moving
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
master00d said:
smile.gif
+1 for 'moving food' - having food just sitting there isn't much of a challendge

Other things I'd like to see are some 'powerups'... for example some food 'bonuses' that only appear for a while, some good (double score for each 'pellet', shorten tail) some bad (each pellet adds 2 to the tail, impassible wall appear @ random)

In some game versions, there were 'walls' scattered around the playfield - & you could go off one side & reappear on the other - which I found offered some variation to the gameplay...
& what about a Snake 'enemy' (taranchula perhaps ??) that appears @ random for a limited time & you've got to avoid it

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
master00d said:
smile.gif
+1 for 'moving food' - having food just sitting there isn't much of a challendge

Other things I'd like to see are some 'powerups'... for example some food 'bonuses' that only appear for a while, some good (double score for each 'pellet', shorten tail) some bad (each pellet adds 2 to the tail, impassible wall appear @ random)

In some game versions, there were 'walls' scattered around the playfield - & you could go off one side & reappear on the other - which I found offered some variation to the gameplay...
& what about a Snake 'enemy' (taranchula perhaps ??) that appears @ random for a limited time & you've got to avoid it
moving food sounds annoying as hell, but i fully endorse bad pellets popping up, randomly generated obstacles (like geometric shapes, not random pellets) around the map, and looping playfields

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Moving obstacles, and a mode where you get smaller and smaller until you die, and you have to keep eating to gain size.
That's a great idea.
smile.gif

Maybe some enemies added in? They keep 'eating' you while you try to keep alive by eating food (sorry, took the idea from above
tongue.gif
).
It's just kind of stupid that you die from eating yourself. >_>

sinharvest24 said:
QUOTE(emigre @ Jun 18 2011, 07:56 PM) FPS perspective and online multiplayer, Bro.
This.

It's all that it's missing.
are you guys talking about MGS?
tongue.gif

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Moving obstacles, and a mode where you get smaller and smaller until you die, and you have to keep eating to gain size.
That's a great idea.
smile.gif

Maybe some enemies added in? They keep 'eating' you while you try to keep alive by eating food (sorry, took the idea from above
tongue.gif
).
It's just kind of stupid that you die from eating yourself. >_>
More blood effects, organs being tore apart and graphics increased to the max and banned from Australia.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2 kinds of food. Food you should eat (+1 length, +10 points) and food you shouldn't eat (-1 length, -10 points).
Also different modes you can choose. Like multi-player mode, classic mode, story mode (well, not an actual story, but more like MapleMage's idea of an RPG) etc..

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChaosZero816 said:
I would love to see be a platformer. Jumping around and eating everything that moves and lives that block your bath.
That would be nice.

Had one for the NES. It was called Snake Rattle N' Roll. It was okay.

And I'm pretty sure I've played "traditional" snake games with enemies and moving food before...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.