Gaming What would YOU like to see in the Wii

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curios as to what would the wii users would like to see in the console that Nintendo never provided. Like maybe and actually good OS or some good feature that would just make the console nicer in some ways. Needless to say that anything said will probably never happen. But who know maybe this might strike inspiration to someone reading this and might do it.

Anyway this is probably what I would like to see a dashboard like interface and friend codes to be done away with. Tell me your opinion or write your own.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably better graphics, better third party support, and more storage space. It's pitifully sad how full the Wii gets from only a few VC games, when the Xbox/PS3 can get large amounts of games and still have plenty of space.

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
yes wiis memory is crappy i would recommend nintendo to make a chip of nand and sell appart and it would be used in the usb port *Kinda of a gc mem card* just with more memory and used in usb ports....

Toughschmidt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously on the hardware side, memory, graphics, and audio. They could have put an SPDIF port on that thing easily. I'm so sick of Dolby "Pro Logic".

Something they can fix with our existing hardware would be an OS that supported GC controller navigation, save the hastle of pulling out the Wiimote for more than half the things I use the Wii for. Loading saves directly from the SD card would also be a step towards that memory issue.

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Easier hacking
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Better graphics, on par with 360 would be awesome.
- Would love to be able to emulate PS2, but that will probably be too hard.
- Better online gaming support, more games online. I want lobbies and more speech.
- Harddrive with around 20 GB of space, where you can put on downloadable content for games and WiiWare/VC games
- Full backwards compatibility with Wii
- New OS that supports media playback

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Have a better online dashboard.
2. USB HDD's avaliable to buy.
3. More media functionality! Let us play our AVI's and MKV direct from our PC's or attached USB storage slot.
4. More online gameplay.
5. Better graphics.
6. Beable to download via WebBrowser.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRIGRHAPPY said:
NES emulators with online multiplayer.

I'd have to kinda agree with this. Emulators with online play functions for their split-screen modes. Although would it really be an "emulator" then?

Anyway...

- More third party N64 support. Even if we don't get the Rare games, there's plenty of good third party N64 titles out there.
- Dreamcast/Gamecube VC support. Seeing as Sega has kinda been playing in Nintendo's field for a while, it'd be cool to see support for DC/Gamecube games. Hell, maybe even let DC games use their online multiplayer!
- Achievements with every game, plus online leaderboard support. Achievements make even the most hardened gamers play shitty games, it's a genius marketing technique.
- Better online support. Something modeled after the Xbox system, personally. No more friend codes, voice chat using headsets (since WiiSpeak is just terrible), lobbies, etc.
- More multiplatform titles. The Wii simply misses out on so many good Xbox/PS3 titles simply because it isn't powerful enough and it has a different demographic.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know on other thin I would like to have would be since the wii has bluetooth we should be able to sync bluetooth headset and use them to chat instead of that stupid wii speak.

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some actual good rpg's (that are new, not VC). Less of the "mini game" games. Sure seems the wii is saturated with these. It has wifi- more WIFI capable games. It's almost like the only reason this thing has wifi is so Nintendo can spin their videos and offer vc/wii ware. A more robust browser that actually can do something. --- for those complaining about the graphics..well...graphics aren't everything. The 360 and PS3 may have awesome gfx...but they are both pretty slim on great games too. JMO.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I think the best thing I would like to see on the wii would some kind of real social network. People need to be able to talk to each other... and friend codes aren't going to cut it. Because how are you are gonna tell your friends how to get online with you? over the phone in person? Sometimes either of those won't work at the moment. So what so you do? Invite them to a voice chat ofc... oh wait the wii doesn't so that.. Another thing is that even if you had wii speak you can only use it with friends and chances are not all or any of them have wii speak.. Would it be possible to ever break away from nintendo and create our own OS that allows things like this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1