What would you like to see from Nintendo on mobile?

benno300

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Miitomo has been out for a while now and I would like to know what you guys think about this first offering by Nintendo? And additionally, I would like to know what you guys would like to see in the future in terms of apps or games from Nintendo on mobile? This will help me with my thesis so thank you all in advance!

Benno

benno300

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@dimmidice
I feel what you mean but could you please elaborate a bit more on the essence of your response? It would be very helpful to get some more in-depth answers to use in the thesis.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well all of their mobile games have been built around the concept of microtransactions. i'm not saying that's wrong, most mobile games are like that. it's just a shame that nintendo has had to resort to it. they started this trend on the 3ds oddly enough, and not on mobile. pokemon shuffle/picross/rumble world. all games which are built around microtransactions.

pokemon rumble world is a good example. it's basically the same concept as pokemon rumble blast. but they've changed the game so players will actually resort to buying stuff. they added cooldowns, the maps are shorter, you dont have several lives, catching rate is reduced. and at the end of the day even if you have unlimited cash currency in the game it's still an inferior game. the same goes for all of these. they're purposefully making worse games so they can charge more for them.

it's the same on mobile. Pokemon Go is undoubtedly going to be a cash grab. pokemon shuffle is already on mobile. i just wish they'd make actual games like they used to. make games that are designed around fun, not designed around milking the players dry. but i suppose that'l never happen since they're actually making profit now.

Reactions: benno300

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didin't really feel as hyped when I found out Miiomotto came out. Maybe from a child's POV it may be good, but it's pretty much just a "See yourself chat" type of game on a screen. With a few mini games. Pretty much looks like Tomadachi Life

Don't even get me started on the Micro Transactions for in game content. But on topic. I think a way the game may be better if it were to provide more social media. I feel Nintendo has had this in a drought for awhile becuase they don't want anything bad to happen that is not family friendly. VIA in Mii's, text, etc. But a simple moderation team and censured words could easily take care of the issue. Visually with Mii's however this can still be stopped a Mii would have to be reviewed by Moderaters before you actually use it.

I am actually looking forward to new games just on a slight scale. Even though my 3DS is dead, and I don't have a Wii U I still think I will benifit from playing the mobile games as long as they are similar to things such as Micro Mini Games, or for Utillity use.

The reward system they have set up is also great if your looking to save some money on games while playing Miitomo, playing on the 3DS, or Wii U.

Last edited by petethepug,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand Miitomo at all. What I would like to see from Nintendo mobile apps is anything which either keeps away from existing Nintendo franchises, or reinvents them in an innovative way rather than just porting them to tablets.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand Miitomo at all. What I would like to see from Nintendo mobile apps is anything which either keeps away from existing Nintendo franchises, or reinvents them in an innovative way rather than just porting them to tablets.

Miitomo is a app game where you can recieve rewards, by doing certain tasks on there. You can also get 3DS/3DSXL/Wii U Coupons if you have Miitomo linked on your,

- 3DS/Wii U/3DS XL Account

- Miitomo linked with your Nintendo ID Account (Wii U, 3DS, etc.)

- Having Miitomo linked on this https://my.nintendo.com/

You could also use it as Skype I guess, or a chat system. It may work like that or be very similar to Tomadachi Life.

teegeeack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after messing around with miitomo for a few hours, my impression is that it's basically a game-like front-end for facebook/twitter that uses a tomodachi life theme. with a lot of microtransactions for purchasing clothing & decorations for the mii avatar in the app.

if you're not an avid facebook/twitter user, then miitomo is barely functional at all. it depends almost completely upon importing & exporting data to those two websites.

i guess some people will find it amusing.

there's just not enough of a videogame in miitomo to maintain my attention, personally. and i think games like animal crossing & tomodachi life already do a better job of filling the role of "friendship simulation" for me, since they include funny little A.I. characters which are programmed to shower you with affection no matter what.

Last edited by teegeeack,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo to abandon handhelds and go Android whole hog. At the same time though make a phone, a flagship phone presumably, with a physical controller inbuilt/as an in box addon.

I can't remember the last time Nintendo first party really consistently did anything for me -- other than advance wars and Starfy, which Nintendo sort of owns the copyright on, it does not a lot for me. But pokemon... get a GBA or a GBA emulator and play ones of the medabots RPGs, robopon, Demi kids dark version or one the others I am forgetting right now. Now tell pokemon is the superior title. I am surprised that happened for when people try to clone mario kart it usually ends up weaker but here it did not. Otherwise everything they can do others do better, possibly aside from actual platforming 3d platformers which others seem to not be able to resist the siren call of action adventure for, however despite that their efforts are usually playable enough.
Look at top SNES games and how many are third party, look at the GBA and DS and see how many are third party http://gbatemp.net/threads/links-to-various-gbatemp-features-over-the-years.352851/ , look at the struggling home consoles since the SNES and now the 3ds and see the lack of third party.

I am not opposed to full 90 hour 3d epics on mobile devices, however the GBA and DS approach of ports of SNES games and games that look like they could have been ports of SNES games, albeit with a few more modern thoughts on game design, is mainly what I did the GBA and DS for.

teegeeack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess if i had to say what i would like from nintendo on mobile...

maybe if they had created a brand new episode of animal crossing for mobile, complete with A.I. neighbors and everything that i know and love from the doubutsu no mori series... that would have been more satisfying for me than miitomo. but i realize the chance of that ever happening is very slim, considering the enormous amount of work that is required for writing and localizing all of the dialogue for a game like animal crossing.

however, for the most part, i really don't know what i like in a new videogame until i see it. i would much rather leave it to the creative people who make the games to surprise me with something new. show me something that i didn't know i wanted -- that's the best. very often, i find that the worst kind of art/music/movie/game is the kind that seems to be created by second-guessing what the fans want, or outright asking the fans what they want. good art is not created by committee, it's created by an artist (or a team leader) who has a strong and confident vision of how the thing should be. if they're worrying about whether or not i am going to like it, then it's probably doomed to suck.

Last edited by teegeeack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly