Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
hunter sad... hunter cry
cry.gif
is the Birdrace called Tit in english ? oO or did you call the bird tit ? never care. I like tits
biggrin.gif

No no no - it's the kind of bird. The Mountain Chickadee is in the Tit family - a specific family of birds. That's all. I included the picture of one just in case someone thought it was the other kind. They're commonly known as "Titmice" over here, but I thought that sounded worse, soo..

But yes, back on topic. Playing with any kind of animal, I think, is good for depression. Unless it's like, a cougar or something.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I found the cure for depression for me was music. I am not talking about listening to music I am talking about learning to play musical instruments.

I learned to play the drums first for a few years then picked up the guitar. I can play the guitar decent but It really wasn't for me in the end so I started to learn to play the ocarina. I still play the drums a lot but I find I play my ocarina's much more because I can take them with me where-ever I go and play.

I would suggest you put some effort in and learn an instrument, they are wonderful for your mind, body and soul.

"Don't die with your music still in you."

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Rabbi Nevins said:
Kickback and enjoy a fine beer! But if you dont drink, I personally just keep my mind engaged in something puzzling. If im in a bad mood I usually just tamper with some electronics. Open something up and play around, just figure stuff out. Usually its exciting and takes my mind off stuff.

Either that or ill go play some super smash ^.^
you do know that alcohol is a depressant, right?
laugh.gif

BACK ON TOPIC: Taking a shower really rids my depression - like REALLY.
Depressant doesn't mean sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressant

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Windaga said:
I don't play with my breasts,
And why not? It does stimulate people sexually, which can lead to a relief of depression. Nothing wrong with it.

I said the same thing involving masturbation. Jill can work wonders for depressing I wish people would take us seriously.
tongue.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Usually I listen to music while playing a game or browsing the various sites I visit, like here. Sometimes I'll lay down and listen to music, or in the summer, I'll lay in my pool and listen to the ambiance around me.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
s4mid4re said:
Rabbi Nevins said:
Kickback and enjoy a fine beer! But if you dont drink, I personally just keep my mind engaged in something puzzling. If im in a bad mood I usually just tamper with some electronics. Open something up and play around, just figure stuff out. Usually its exciting and takes my mind off stuff.

Either that or ill go play some super smash ^.^
you do know that alcohol is a depressant, right?
laugh.gif

BACK ON TOPIC: Taking a shower really rids my depression - like REALLY.

Depressant doesn't mean sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressant

that same page quotes:
Combining multiple depressants can be very dangerous because the CNS depressive properties has been proposed to increase exponentially instead of linearly. This characteristic makes depressants a common choice for deliberate overdoses in the case of suicide. The use of alcohol or benzodiazepines along with the usual dose of heroin is often the cause of overdose deaths in opiate addicts.
I wouldn't characterize depressant = depression/sad, but I can tell you that it can worsen it.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but of context. If it was applicable, people wouldn't drink to get rid of depression. It certainly works.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure I'm stocked up on supplies. Turn off my phones, lock my doors and hide the keys somewhere I shouldn't find them if I go off on one, avoid all proper human contact and try and get going with something interesting and hard I've being putting off for a while.

Not exactly healthy but stops me from causing others problems.

EDIT: And this one isn't a bad idea. Cut out all mind altering drugs. Including nicotine and caffeine. Even chocolate and anything with lots of simple sugars. Just for a few days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)