What would be the perfect GBA flashcart?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by JPH, Jun 13, 2007.

Jun 13, 2007
  1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    What would be the perfect GBA flashcart for me?

I just ordered a GBA Micro (20th Anniversery Edition Mario Version) from eBay. Now, I need me a flashcart for that son of bitch. I want an easy to use flashcart, that doesn't take much ROM conversion. I am also not a big fan of SuperCards or RealTimeSave. Please help me figure out what card is good for me. Please ask me questions to narrow down the selection. [​IMG] And sorry if I am being a tad lazy [​IMG] ( A couple to pick from)...

EDIt: I guess ain't nothin wrong with SD cards...

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    ?SD cards are a far nicer way to do stuff (simpler, cheaper, more reliable: have a sector die on you and see, better supported) in my opinion but EZ3 or G6 does what you want. You will always have to patch GBA though.

Space becomes a concern but the earlier style F2a, EZFA, EZ1/2 are also damn good.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    AFAIK, the only GBA slot flashcarts that have a good amount of memory are the G6 Lite and the EZ-Flash 3. If you're willing to get the Chinese version of the G6 from dealextreme.com, the G6 is less than half the price of the EZ-3.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1020

5. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Alright, I founda really great deal on SD Cards...I'll be willing to use them. Please help me out and i'm checking in to the EZ3.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Bear in mind for GBA purposes ?SD cards can be mediocre as it gets copied to other sections first (unlike DS roms where slow access times can cause a lot of hassle).

7. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States

8. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Just the language in the options menu, and you don't even use need to use that just to play games. Worst case scenario is that you'll have to ask someone here what the options are. The PC software is the same for all languages, so it will be in english.

I had a G6 Lite for a while, and it was pretty simple to use. The only things that I don't like about it are that the GBA game list uses the internal rom names rather than the filenames, and you navigate the GBA menus by moving a pointer around and clicking on things instead of just selecting them directly.

9. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I have heard the G6 is real good from a mate at school who owns one( I ordered one for my GBA Micro from dealextreme, it should be getting shipped tommorow). I have a EZF4 Lite Deluxe for my DS Lite. It is the exact same operating wize as the GBA sized version. I would buy a G6 though. The G6 on dealextreme is chinese but I heard you can downgrade to an english firmware, which is what I will be doing.

G6-Internal
    EZF4-External(Mini-Sd), that would be the only difference for me

10. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Thanks for the help [​IMG]