Gaming What white top DVDs are best that i can buy in the UK?

zeegy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, and a happy xmas to you!

I am in the UK, and am having a right nightmare trying to find discs that play happily on my wii with a printable surface on top.

Just tried a batch of Aone Disks, and even though they work - they cause the wii to crash during heavy load. usually movies, or when playing 2+ player games.

However, my silver top Asda games, seems to run like a gem.

Can anyone reccomend me some white top disks that will work fine with my wii. ideally with links to trusted e-companies / local store names if available.

Many thanks

Z
smile.gif

zeegy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Amazon usually have a good line in printable verbatims.

So verbatim are good printable discs to use for the wii then? ive never had any good experiences with them with my older consoles (pre-wii)

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recomend ritek G05 white or silver top full face, last batch of 50 I used were traxdata ritek G05 white top and had 2 failures and the wii games run just fine, I have over 200 games using these disks, you can get 50 dvd's for about £8

D

Deleted_171835

Am0s said:
I recomend ritek G05 white or silver top full face, last batch of 50 I sued were traxadata ritek G05 white top and had 2 failures and the wii games run just fine, I have over 200 games using these disks, you can get 50 dvd's for about £8
unsure.gif

Huh.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry typo Used, I buy my disc in batches of 50 and are ritek G05 dye, and some are made by traxdata, I have always been dubious about them but the disc work and for £8 for 50 discs cant complain and they work, somtimes might get 1 or 2 fail but overall they work and thats what I recommend

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
datawrite mach4's are good but not white top Imgburn say's there: Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3

jetplay are good also if you can get them Imgburn say's there: Manufacturer ID: TYG02

use both for games, data and video without problems

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
poundland, they usually have packs of 3 printable dvd-r's for (you guessed it) £1.

If you are spending any more than that then you are resigned to a life of fail. I have had many expensive brands fail on me before, whereas all blank media i've bought from poundland has always worked.

One time when doing some recording in a studio, trying to bounce some tracks to a standalone cd writer unit, the only media it would 100% always work with was poundland media. Says a lot really.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 100pk of Verbatims at OfficeMax for a record-breaking $20 (that's around 12 UK pounds). Unfortunately, they bumped the price back up to $60.

Anyway, I suggest Verbatims. They're high quality and reliable. Every disc I've burned so far using Verbatims has worked perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place