What to put on a 4GB multiboot USB?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Duo8, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Duo8
    OP

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    I have a spare 4GB SD card now and want to put some tools on it. Only have GParted now.

I'm looking for system rescue tools as well as exploitation/cracking/whateveryoucallthem tools. I'll be using YUMI for this.

Now while YUMI have a list of distros, I can't really research every one of them to decide. Space is rather limited so I can't put too much.

If you've made a multiboot USB before I'd appreciate it if you can give me some advices.

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    You could try hirens or ultimate boot cd as well as a copy of Linux, if you had more space I would of said kali Linux but you can always run another variant of ubuntu

Me personally would have ultimate boot, Windows 7 and Ubuntu or mint

3. Gooplusplus
    This message by Gooplusplus has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Sep 24, 2014, Reason: no advertizing.
    Sep 24, 2014
  4. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Always a little worried when someone creates an account to specifically advertise their own work, especially with such an amateurish looking website. No offence to you but OP i would stay away if I were you

BORTZ likes this.
  5. Gooplusplus

Gooplusplus Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2014
    United States

FYI, hey, "no offense" but just by saying "no offence" and then being offensive is rather silly, don't you think?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Advertising like that is actually against the rules, so just report him ;)

You could always put JayRo's Medicat on it. Comes with Linux Mint, and has a bunch of other recovery tools. http://gbatemp.net/threads/medicat-dvd-a-multiboot-linux-dvd.361577/

Jayro likes this.
  7. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    well no because what i actually said wasn't offensive just telling OP to apply caution to your post

Good point, and reported

8. Gooplusplus

Gooplusplus Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2014
    United States
    Again, a silly answer. I answered the OP's question with good advice. If you tried it and found it is not good advice then offer a better alternative instead of just whining.

9. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Sorry, are you 12. I'm trying to be civil and give my personal opinion and you're acting like a spoilt impudent child who couldn't get his own way

10. Gooplusplus

Gooplusplus Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, sure you are. It seem so obvious. :rofl:

11. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    anyway i'm going to back out of this now, don't want to start a flame war cause well i don't care about you enough to do so, hope you enjoyed you're time at the temp. doubt we'll be seeing you anytime soon again (and that's not necessarily a bad thing)

Passing note to whoever you are, learn a little respect for others opinions

12. Gooplusplus
    This message by Gooplusplus has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Sep 29, 2014.
    Sep 24, 2014
  13. Gooplusplus
    This message by Gooplusplus has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Sep 29, 2014.
    Sep 24, 2014
  14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Is the USB a U3 Sandisk by chance? Many people are simply annoyed by the U3 partition, but little do they know that you can modify the ISO to anything you want, within the size restraints of the USB drive. It's basically a free USB CD-Rom emulator. I personally keep my Microsoft Office 2013 installation DVD on my 2GB U3 drive, with both 64-bit and 32-bit versions on the same ISO. That still leaves me with 400MB+ on the flash side, for word documents and other YUMI-bootable utilities up to (and around) 400MB.

If the computer can boot from a USB CD-Rom drive, then it should be able to boot your custom ISO as well. I've got another 2GB U3 drive with a Windows XP SP3 ISO permanently on it, so I can quickly install XP without worrying about the ISO being deleted or tampered with in any way.