Apple What to do with an old iPod Touch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hakoda
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,273
  • Replies Replies 15

Hakoda

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
2,133
Solutions
3
Reaction score
3
Trophies
1
Age
31
Location
San Jose, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
383
Country
United States
I'm planning to get a Droid Bionic in the coming week. Beforehand however, I've always used the basic phone + iPod Touch 4 32GB combo for all my tech needs. With a new Bionic, these devices would get replaced.

The problem I have with replacing my iPod is that it's only been a year since I got it, and I feel like it's a waste to replace it so quickly. My girlfriend has also contributed to it by giving me accessories and such and I feel that by giving the iPod up, I'm giving her gifts up as well.

Ideas? What should I do with it? Should I not upgrade my phone?
 
Give it to me.

I dunno, I say keep it and still use it for whatever. Once I got my first Android phone I thought I'd never use my iPod Touch again...until I realized music kills my battery life. So use it for whatever you used to do that you can't on your phone.
 
What is your basic phone?

Is your iPod Touch a 3rd gen or 4th gen?
My basic phone is a Samsung Intensity and my iPod Touch is a 32GB 4th Generation device.
Don't give it to Pinkie, give it to me! Nah but I'd buy it if it's a good price. I've been looking for one to replace my old 2nd gen touch
 
Just keep it. You can always still use it for music and stuff when you don't want to use up battery life on your phone. I have an iPhone 4 and still use my 2nd gen iPod touch for music a lot =P
 
Yeah, I feel like I should follow what most people have said and just keep it for music. Sounds like a plan.

Why the Droid Bionic? I'm on a budget and wanted a nice smartphone. ($50 for an upgrade @ TigerDirect) I didn't see that many drawbacks to it, especially with an AOKP ICS ROM updated constantly. Convince me otherwise?
 
Yeah, I feel like I should follow what most people have said and just keep it for music. Sounds like a plan.

Why the Droid Bionic? I'm on a budget and wanted a nice smartphone. ($50 for an upgrade @ TigerDirect) I didn't see that many drawbacks to it, especially with an AOKP ICS ROM updated constantly. Convince me otherwise?
http://phandroid.com/2012/02/21/verizon-putting-htc-rezound-and-lg-spectrum-on-sale-for-100/
Get the Rezound for only $100. Its a steal, it also comes with Beats earphones. The phone is much better then the Droid Bionic, with its 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor. Its also getting updated officially to ICS in March, while the Droid Bionic is getting updated in Q3. Motorola is known for its horrible updates, so for that reason alone I suggest not getting it.
 
Yeah, I feel like I should follow what most people have said and just keep it for music. Sounds like a plan.

Why the Droid Bionic? I'm on a budget and wanted a nice smartphone. ($50 for an upgrade @ TigerDirect) I didn't see that many drawbacks to it, especially with an AOKP ICS ROM updated constantly. Convince me otherwise?
http://phandroid.com...n-sale-for-100/
Get the Rezound for only $100. Its a steal, it also comes with Beats earphones. The phone is much better then the Droid Bionic, with its 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor. Its also getting updated officially to ICS in March, while the Droid Bionic is getting updated in Q3. Motorola is known for its horrible updates, so for that reason alone I suggest not getting it.
Holy crap, nice spot! I wanted the Rezound but it was too expensive: this is perfect! Thanks!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I feel like I should follow what most people have said and just keep it for music. Sounds like a plan.

Why the Droid Bionic? I'm on a budget and wanted a nice smartphone. ($50 for an upgrade @ TigerDirect) I didn't see that many drawbacks to it, especially with an AOKP ICS ROM updated constantly. Convince me otherwise?
http://phandroid.com...n-sale-for-100/
Get the Rezound for only $100. Its a steal, it also comes with Beats earphones. The phone is much better then the Droid Bionic, with its 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor. Its also getting updated officially to ICS in March, while the Droid Bionic is getting updated in Q3. Motorola is known for its horrible updates, so for that reason alone I suggest not getting it.
Holy crap, nice spot! I wanted the Rezound but it was too expensive: this is perfect! Thanks!!

Despite you finding the Rezound at a good price now, I feel this is also important to still say - Look at what some major department stores have. Speaking from experience (only because I work there...) but Target stores that have a contract phone division tend to run some decent sales on their phones too, different than what buying it directly from the carrier would cost. Most department stores that sell contract phones are this way.
 
Give it to me.

I dunno, I say keep it and still use it for whatever. Once I got my first Android phone I thought I'd never use my iPod Touch again...until I realized music kills my battery life. So use it for whatever you used to do that you can't on your phone.
True, there is a lot of difference in terms of battery life. My Xperia Play's battery drains really fast just listening to music on standby mode, but that doesn't stop me from listening to music though :P
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted