Hacking What to do with a PS3 Superslim OFW 4.53 in 2018?

Armitage2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi there,

I just unearthed my old PS3 Superslim CECH-4212B running OFW 4.53 with an E3 ODE. Now, back in the day there was nothing that could be done about it, but since several years have passed and I read that the ps3xploit allowed jailbreaking again, I was wondering whether there are any options besides ODE today?

I would love to show my PS3 some love and get away from the horrible E3 ODE and finally run a full version of Multiman...

Thank you for any advice,
A2k

D

Deleted User

Hi there,

I just unearthed my old PS3 Superslim CECH-4212B running OFW 4.53 with an E3 ODE. Now, back in the day there was nothing that could be done about it, but since several years have passed and I read that the ps3xploit allowed jailbreaking again, I was wondering whether there are any options besides ODE today?

I would love to show my PS3 some love and get away from the horrible E3 ODE and finally run a full version of Multiman...

Thank you for any advice,
A2k

Update to 4.82 then use HAN

Armitage2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
so download the 4.82 DEX firmware from the official sony server and then use the HAN installer, right?
How can I load backup games from the internal HDD? Is Multiman supported for HAN?

Thanks

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if i'm not wrong the ODE is able to emulate 1:1 bluray and it's not easily detectable by $ony, right?? Then u should update on last FW and enjoy online.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if i'm not wrong the ODE is able to emulate 1:1 bluray and it's not easily detectable by $ony, right??
You can go online with ODE without disabling syscalls (because there aren't any, lol) (assuming you use clean isos), but no model of ODE is 100% accurate and they are "partially" blocked on 4.55+

("partially" means you lose all the convenience, since you must make a BD-R containing licenses extracted from every iso you want to play, and get up to swap that disc and an original game to be able to change the emulated game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work