What to do in England

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Peckham is a district/borough.

@Seicomart
Yah, theres no chance of Peckham getting better.
Also Hackney and Edmonton are getting really worse lately.
I feel very safe around Enfield and central.

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Well, I don't think I'll have time to get intro troubles
biggrin.gif
also, I might be going as a tourist, but I'm no japanese holding a photo camera, wearing sunglasses and a hawaii style t-shirt, so I think I'll have very few chances of getting annoyed
smile.gif
Thanks for the warnings tho.

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's hard for me to think of England as somewhere dangerous... I know they're people just like down here but dunno, those hooligans you get down here in gangs look just like shrimps with one too many glasses of whiskey, lol. I guess it's different there in England, it's their own country and all
smile.gif
Anyhow, my experience with brits has been always pretty nice, always giving me books and tips when I work as a waiter
tongue.gif

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, and it's not like they're cheap down here lately. Luckily enough I don't smoke
smile.gif
(I've brought some boxes into Spain from Gibraltar before, but just for people I knew, haha).

What I may get is a shipcargo of Axe roll-on deodorant. We don't have those here and I hate the spray one, lol.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kamui said:
Peckham is a district/borough.

@Seicomart
Yah, theres no chance of Peckham getting better.
Also Hackney and Edmonton are getting really worse lately.
I feel very safe around Enfield and central.

I agree what you said about your 'unsafe area' young gang and street knife but who the hell wanted to go tourist in these area? there noting to do there!

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since I live in heart of London central,

Maktub Bring:

GPS navigation systems (recommended) 86% tourist get lost in London everyday..

make sure check and search 'travel cards' cost and 'Journey planner' and take note..
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

what to do during the night? there a place call 'Soho' in london area
where a lot young gay? men maybe female and hang around all night clubs during the weekend....

foods? everywhere in deep central London...

update the list

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, just heard about the street knife fever Britain is going through. We've had that for quite a long time here (ever since I remember) so I'm not very worried.

Yeah, it was from a pound store, xD

lookout, I don't think I'm getting a GPS just for that, I'm used to old arabbian style streets here in the South of Spain and the stratae viae y Londonium won't be much of a problem
tongue.gif
it'll be alright with a simple map.

I'll try and see Soho
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Maktub said:
Anyhow, my experience with brits has been always pretty nice, always giving me books and tips when I work as a waiter
tongue.gif
That's because every tourist guide ever written tells us that everyone tips on the continent, and it's considered extremely rude not to. Are you telling me that isn't true?!
laugh.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Find an arcade, and take lots of quarters (Eng. equivalent of a US quarter?). I dont know why, but whenever I travel, I like to go to an Arcade and play the games found there, its an odd family tradition I suppose. My mom never plays games, except for at Arcades. Too bad I've never been able to get her to Play DDR or anything like that.

Also, do little misc. stuff, like Window shop, and browse market areas--Theres never time for browsing on our trips, but I plan to correct that this summer when I leave. Also go to a library and spend a day relaxing, take lots and lots of pictures. I keep meaning to go to new libraries. Visit resell shops, I LOVE resell shops
biggrin.gif

Eat in a restaurant/buffet if you like various food. I like food, its got a special place in my heart, actually. Also, I guess you could try and go to a talent show or something, and watch ametuer performers. Also get a couple of brochures and take a double decker bus tour or something, I'm out of ideas...when my brother went he did alot of misc things and went to an amusement park, so thats all I've got to offer.

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, Psy... ehm... yeah, so extremely rude not to do it... haha
Nah, as you may know, salaries are included in food prices (unlike in the USA) and tips are normally given after specially copious foods, good service, or after some trouble's happened and it's clearly the customer's fault. They're always well received
smile.gif
Most of those I got were given by the norweigan fathers of norweigans girls I flirted with, hahaha.

No, no fights... Or maybe, if any of you begin telling how cool your country is
tongue.gif
you fish 'n chips munchers!

gizmo, you're funny
smile.gif

Counting pigeons is something funny I've done here before - maybe I'll do without even nocticing, lol.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Find an arcade, and take lots of quarters (Eng. equivalent of a US quarter?). I dont know why, but whenever I travel, I like to go to an Arcade and play the games found there, its an odd family tradition I suppose. My mom never plays games, except for at Arcades. Too bad I've never been able to get her to Play DDR or anything like that.

The arcades in portsmouth are a rip off and force me to pay £1 for 2 tokens to use in machines.

Kamui said:
QUOTE(BlueStar @ Jun 9 2008, 11:09 PM) Get drunk, have a fight.
But dont go to Peckham after getting drunk
tongue.gif

Surely if you want a fight, you'd want to goto peckham. Although, you're more likely to get shot/shanked then have a legit fight heh.

fyi; kebabs > fish and chips tbh. Although you can't beat a good savaloy and chips!

I'm craving now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER