What things can make dissapear A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dororo00, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Dororo00
    OP

Dororo00 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Hi! I recently installed A9LH on my 9.2 New 3ds XL, I really like it more than Coldboot :)
    But I have another 11.2 New 3ds XL that I want to downgrade using the SudokuHax, so I want to know if the Format during the System Transfer option will erase A9LH.
    In addition I also want to know what things can erase A9LH (If there's something xD)
    Thanks in advance! :)

2. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    It will not. It will just uninstall all your titles, so you have to inject FBI into Health & Safety with Decrypt9 ;)

Dororo00 likes this.
  3. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    A9LH is 'coldboot'.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  4. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Update in gateway mode. never do this.

5. Dororo00
    OP

Dororo00 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Ok! Thank you so much for your answer! :)
    So since I've already tried without success I'll wait the seven days to perform another transfer and see if it works finally :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, I know, I refer to the Emunand one xD

6. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    Menuhax i think

7. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    The "format system memory" option only initializes the unit to factory settings as best it can, deleting any titles on your SD Card, wiping save files from SD, NAND, and the wireless card, and changing the system's SD folder and encryption. Even if it tried to tamper with your actual system files, any good custom firmware would prevent this.
    Gateway's custom firmware is not good custom firmware, and won't write protect your FIRM0 like community made stuff. Among many other things. Some old utilities that write to NAND also won't respect arm9loaderhax. So be careful.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    These threads pop up at least 3 times a week and I will say the same thing here that I do in all them.
    Nintendo can't remove A9LH, why? Because A9LH is made with console specific code, each build of A9LH is made for their host's system. Basically, the only way Nintendo can remove A9LH, is to use the same code you used to install it, something Nintendo can't get. This also means that if Nintendo tried to remove A9LH, they would brick not only hacked system, but unhacked systems as well, something Nintendo can't risk doing. This has been proven when CFWs (Gateway) without FIRM0/1 protection are used to update the sysNAND. The results end up with a bricked system, that can only be restored with a full NAND restore.

9. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    What things can make dissapear A9LH?

What Einstein said. Human stupidity :P

10. Dororo00
    OP

Dororo00 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    XD , I didn't know how to say it correctly, I'm not an english native speaker and I wtote it the way I could

Thank you all for your answers!

11. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I just put apps I won't ever use in a folder. That folder gets moved to the last icon slot. I named the folder "recycle bin".