ROM Hack What the hell is the point of Pokemon HG/SS Translations?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 5,614
  • Replies 55
D

Deleted_171835

OP
PuyoDead said:
Is your internet being slowed down by these translations? Are the files being force-transferred to your hard drive? No? Than please tell me how this adversely affects you.

Did I say that it bothers me? I merely want to know why Pokefreaks must play the game with a full story patch when the game is coming out soon.

Xerox

Trophies
XP
Country
At first I was tired of translation thread, but now I am tired of these "what's the point of translating HGSS, I'm tired of HGSS translation etc" threads.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:
PuyoDead said:
Is your internet being slowed down by these translations? Are the files being force-transferred to your hard drive? No? Than please tell me how this adversely affects you.

Did I say that it bothers me? I merely want to know why Pokefreaks must play the game with a full story patch when the game is coming out soon.

You really need to ask that? People like these games a lot, and want to play them as soon as possible. If they have the option to not need to wait until it comes out, they'll take it. Simple as that. Look at how much people freak out when a game isn't dumped the day it comes out.

ScottySniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon translations are getting stupid now. There's what... 5?

THE GAME

IS COMING OUT

NEXT YEAR

Anything past menu translations is pointless tbh. As long as it's playable

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
devanteaddai said:
someone seriously needs to start translating Blood of Bahamut cause there still no anouncement of it being relased in an english speaking country

*HIGH FIVE!*

I do agree. The game's pretty good, but the language barrier keeps me from really liking it. Although I doubt anyone who translates Pokemon has enough experience to do a game like BoB.

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This sucks
mad.gif
pokenoobs get their translation asap but I'm still waiting for a translation on DSAir!!

...I hear someone's working on it though and it's meant to be coming out in english soon (FINALLY!!)
yaynds.gif

juuska16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Revolutionize said:
PuyoDead said:

Because people like me are going to be bored for 7½ months if we wait that offical translation. And if you have problem with that you can still play it all japanese.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
juuska16 said:
Revolutionize said:
PuyoDead said:

Because people like me are going to be bored for 7½ months if we wait that offical translation. And if you have problem with that you can still play it all japanese.

There's Bowsers Inside Story, Scribblenauts, Diabolical Box and Kingdom Hearts 385 /2. Bored with all these great games? And...did I fucking say that I can't play it in Japanese. I just wanted to know why POKEFREAKS MUST PLAY THE GAME WHEN IT IS COMING OUT SOON. Guild Mccommunist was right. If I wanted a educated response I should have moved it to the Blog section!

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Romruto said:
lock up this troll thread Admins!

PEOPLE! unless you're paying these translator, you have no rights to complain. Either do it yourself or stfu.

This is not a troll thread. I have all the right to complain as anybody else does. Maybe I should have worded my question better so idiots won't complain.

eighty4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sick of everyone saying people either have to like everything or not say anything at all. It's a forum ffs, get over yourselves.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why can't people just learn Japanese (not very hard to do) or grab a Japanese Dictionary at a local bookstore ($10-$15 investment for the lazy). That would put an end to all these translation topics.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me theres a handful of people who are butthurt because Blood of Bahamut won't see English, whjile there's like 5 translation projects for Pokemon. Not saying there should be this many, but the wave of "I'm tired of these translations" is getting more tiresome than the "I'm working on a translation" threads.
Also, "Pokefreak"? Really, guys?
There wasn't any of this insulting when the KH translation was goin--oh wait I forgot, liking Kingdom Hearts is cool.

Stop making new Poketranslation projects, and haters, we know you want other games translated. Ask in the requests forum, or do it yourself. Complaining just makes you sound like a puss.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
PharaohsVizier said:
Hop2089 said:
Why can't people just learn Japanese (not very hard to do) or grab a Japanese Dictionary at a local bookstore ($10-$15 investment for the lazy). That would put an end to all these translation topics.

Wow you make it seem like you can learn Japanese in a few weeks, which is definitely not true... If I could learn a language by buying a dictionary, I would have done so long ago. I'm TRYING to learn Japanese, but I don't think many people would have the time AND skill required to learn the language before the English version comes out. Although as a plus, I did notice that Pokemon has no Kanji, which could cut down a LONG period of study.
smile.gif

You just inspired me to learn Japanese. Seriously! Imagine all the games I could play!
biggrin.gif

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Hop2089 said:

Wow you make it seem like you can learn Japanese in a few weeks, which is definitely not true... If I could learn a language by buying a dictionary, I would have done so long ago. I'm TRYING to learn Japanese, but I don't think many people would have the time AND skill required to learn the language before the English version comes out. Although as a plus, I did notice that Pokemon has no Kanji, which could cut down a LONG period of study.
smile.gif
Actually learning Japanese isn't that hard, I got going pretty well before I had to stop because I was getting it confused with Spanish (which was more important as I had an exam in it)....that reminds me, I need to continue learning it.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I couldn't agree more. The game is going to get translated anyway, why bother?
There are so many good games that are never going to be translated, why not pick those?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4