What should I say?

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I "need" a new desktop, but the thing is I dont know what I should say to my grandparents to convince them to let me get one, I technacly have the money for it they just dont think I should since I allready have a laptop (but not that good).
What should I say that would convince them that I "need" a new desktop?

EDIT:
Please dont give me stupid answers

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The laptop is getting old, Doesn't perform like it should and I have troubleshooted to fix problems but it still underpeforms ( all true ).

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
kevan said:
The laptop is getting old, Doesn't perform like it should and I have troubleshooted to fix problems but it still underpeforms ( all true ).

Yes this is true, so please help me
(Not asking you Kevan)

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pyrmon said:
Your money? Do whatever the hell you want with it.
Its in the bank under my name, but there is a contract with the bank and my grandparents stating that I cannot have the money until Im 18, thats a whole year away so I need it sooner.

Nathan Drake said:
Sell the laptop.

There, you need a computer.
Id prefer to keep my laptop for schoolwork, because I actualy use it during my lessons.

QUOTE(Dangy @ Aug 15 2011, 02:32 PM)
Tell them you need it for school.
That does not work since I have a laptop.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Laptop got a bad virus, and you need a computer for school.

Get the desktop, and a new friend at school offers to fix your laptop for free. He is successful. Yay.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dangy said:

Get the desktop, and a new friend at school offers to fix your laptop for free. He is successful. Yay.
My grandparents friends son is an IT Expert and has allready fixed my laptop at least 4 times before

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are not computer savvy then remove the laptop battery and tell them it is broken, get the new desktop, then put the battery back and tell them your friend fixed it for free. basically what was said above only slightly improved.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Skyrix said:
My grandparents friends son is an IT Expert and has allready fixed my laptop at least 4 times before

QUOTE(serenade.63 @ Aug 15 2011, 02:47 PM) If they are not computer savvy then remove the laptop battery and tell them it is broken, get the new desktop, then put the battery back and tell them your friend fixed it for free. basically what was said above only slightly improved.

Reffer to my quote, ^^^

EDIT:
Sorry didnt explain, they would call him over and try to get him to fix my laptop

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take lap top to school, give to friend to hold on too, make a scene in class that someone took it, tell grandparents it was stolen, then after you get your desk top someone turns it in to the office anonymosly.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrix said:
Dangy said:

Oh... ew.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dangy said:
Skyrix said:
Dangy said:

Oh... ew.
Yeah, Im trapped because of that f**ker

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sora de Eclaune said:
Tell them your laptop doesn't meet the requirements for a program you need for school, and a desktop computer would work great for that kind of stuff.
how come you missed this awesome post?
this would be the easiest way imo. complain about your laptop being underpowered. and keep talking about your friends having good desktops doing awesome stuff.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to a site that uses a virus that physically destroys a computer.
Dumb plan but even an IT kid is going to look at it and go "yup, that shit be dead.".

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thesolcity said:
Go to a site that uses a virus that physically destroys a computer.
Dumb plan but even an IT kid is going to look at it and go "yup, that shit be dead.".
he still wants his laptop. so breaking it is a no.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Narayan said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Tell them your laptop doesn't meet the requirements for a program you need for school, and a desktop computer would work great for that kind of stuff.
how come you missed this awesome post?
this would be the easiest way imo. complain about your laptop being underpowered. and keep talking about your friends having good desktops doing awesome stuff.

They wont understand about it being underpowered and they dont care what my friends have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/xbox-series-x-2-2tb-090117688.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR...