Hacking What should I do?

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I booted up my Wii recently, the HBC Channel prompted me to update, which I did so. I installed everything that was in the HBC Instaler (DVDx, HBC , and BootMii (which failed)).

So, now I want to update my Wii to 4.2, if I could I would just update to 4.1 and be done with it, but, I don't want to involve too much risk in this.

Should I follow this guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890) or (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) and do the update to the Wii system, or because I already installed the HBC update am I good to go with updating my Wii System?

Sorry if this post doesn't really make sense, I am extremely tired at the moment.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of them failed to install, I may be thinking about DVDx though.

As of now, I am on Firmware version 4.0. I really just want the fixes in FW 4.1

And thanks for such the quick reply. (Sorry, I can't type correctly either I am just that tired.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @Xdqwerty The good thing is that anyone can do it and nobody is above happiness. But it has to come as a result of making good choices and not just a goal you can brute force your way into.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    that's all nice and fine, though sometimes if you're in a toxic environment the only way to improve yourself and the situation is to leave, also
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because others can drag you back down even if you improve, but as I said that depends
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My classroom is kinda a toxic environment
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    True, which would be a good choice if it releases you from that suffering.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea exactly
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I got into a toxic environment when I switched schools, something I was pressured to do long ago by my mom mostly
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because there were a couple of teachers who were objectively bad and who kept giving me bad grades, even thogh if I had stayed they would leave in the following year anyways
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'm a verbal abuse víctim i think
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but I had noit known that and I let myself be manipulated into quitting...I'd rather have let myself be have fights with my mom than to let myself be blackmailed into effectively destroying my life or leading to it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my mother was the one who verbally abused me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    with me it started with verbal abuse...I tried to ignore it...until it got worse and after summer break it went from verbal into sneaky physical, not just theft but once they saw me as real problem they tried to poison me outright
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because they couldn't apply their usual tactics anymore it all went worse from there
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and I was a threat to their hierarchy and the way the gang worked
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I did in the end cause the gang leader who was installed there by the larger gang, to loose his influence over the classmates but it had a terrible cost
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in that it caused my other best friend, who joined that school, to betray me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    to both the powers that be and the larger gang at play
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    by recording conversations of me...they also convinced him over time that I never cared about him and he started to beat over my head things from the past, courtesy of psycholigsts work
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I was stupid to trust them and think they wouldn't start a coverup in agreement of the school who didn't want further scandals on their name
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    when I told the psychologist the name of my best friend in the group I didn't realize that would seal my fate
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    this and more is why I don't trust authorities either and why I became more of a "lone wolf" for a very long time
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lone wolf until when?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    maybe I'll become one again completely if this crap goes on that I'm getting flooded with lately
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so maybe forever from then on
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: so maybe forever from then on