C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have bunch of yugioh cards. more than 800 I think some of them are rare. put it on ebay but didn't sold probably cause its Japanese cards
dry.gif

P1030119.jpg

(This Cards and more ^)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zuriel102 said:
zeromac said:
Ok dude you seem like a yugioh rare newbie so here it is

Normal card: ie, no holographic no colored text
Rare: Silver name text
Super Rare: holographic picture
Ultra Rare: Gold Name text with holographic picture
Secret Rare: Silver Name text with holographic picture
Ultimate Rare: Gold name text with holographic picture WITH holographic symbols below the name ie. the star balls.

Ghost Rare: This rarity is so far the rarest, the picture is white

EDIT: lol mirror force, i have that card its only worth around 30-40$ now. Back like last year to middle of this year they were worth 100-120

I've had up to the bold, never seen a ghost rare besides the time i was painting my room white and the paint dripped on a few cards Xd
Did you ever sell your Mirror Force and where if you did.
Good rare guild also
Thanks lol
Nah i never sold any of my cards but im thinking of doing so later.
What you should do since your in USA is find places where they hold weekly tournaments, thats where me and my bro go to to vs other people and to trade etc.
My advice is to go find local collectible shops and ask how much their willing to pay for mirror force or any other card your willing to sell and then ask if they know a local place that holds tournaments weekly or activly

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rogue Trader said:
Generally trading cards fall into three categories- junk, and then either valuable for play, or valuable for rarity.

The valuable for play are currently being played in all the top decks, and so people want them, hence the value shoots up. This means that they are salable for a short period of time, after which they will most likely become junk.

The valuable rares are either really old cards, or really good cards that instead of becoming junk stick around because they are THAT good (for example Black Lotus in MtG).

You need to work out which your card is, and then either sell it before it becomes worthless, or hold on to it if you think it will increase in value. (Although the trends show that trading cards are not holding their value like they used to. Perhaps because in the future all trading card games will be played using holographic monsters. While on motorcycles.)

Some of the cards are "rare" worth selling maybe like 7 of them
900+are good playing cards that i don't use
200+ cards are junk

QUOTE(C175R @ Dec 27 2009, 08:37 PM) I have bunch of yugioh cards. more than 800 I think some of them are rare. put it on ebay but didn't sold probably cause its Japanese cards
dry.gif

P1030119.jpg

(This Cards and more ^)

lucky some of those cards would sell for more then 20.00$ like the blue-eyes dragon's and the red dragon god monster...
Whats the 4th card to the left it has no writing on it!?!?

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
zuriel102 said:
zeromac said:
Ok dude you seem like a yugioh rare newbie so here it is

Normal card: ie, no holographic no colored text
Rare: Silver name text
Super Rare: holographic picture
Ultra Rare: Gold Name text with holographic picture
Secret Rare: Silver Name text with holographic picture
Ultimate Rare: Gold name text with holographic picture WITH holographic symbols below the name ie. the star balls.

Ghost Rare: This rarity is so far the rarest, the picture is white

EDIT: lol mirror force, i have that card its only worth around 30-40$ now. Back like last year to middle of this year they were worth 100-120

I've had up to the bold, never seen a ghost rare besides the time i was painting my room white and the paint dripped on a few cards Xd
Did you ever sell your Mirror Force and where if you did.
Good rare guild also
Thanks lol
Nah i never sold any of my cards but im thinking of doing so later.
What you should do since your in USA is find places where they hold weekly tournaments, thats where me and my bro go to to vs other people and to trade etc.
My advice is to go find local collectible shops and ask how much their willing to pay for mirror force or any other card your willing to sell and then ask if they know a local place that holds tournaments weekly or activly

If i only knew how to play I've been collecting since i was like 7 now im 15...

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zuriel102 said:
Rogue Trader said:
Generally trading cards fall into three categories- junk, and then either valuable for play, or valuable for rarity.

The valuable for play are currently being played in all the top decks, and so people want them, hence the value shoots up. This means that they are salable for a short period of time, after which they will most likely become junk.

The valuable rares are either really old cards, or really good cards that instead of becoming junk stick around because they are THAT good (for example Black Lotus in MtG).

You need to work out which your card is, and then either sell it before it becomes worthless, or hold on to it if you think it will increase in value. (Although the trends show that trading cards are not holding their value like they used to. Perhaps because in the future all trading card games will be played using holographic monsters. While on motorcycles.)

200+ cards are junk

QUOTE(C175R @ Dec 27 2009, 08:37 PM) I have bunch of yugioh cards. more than 800 I think some of them are rare. put it on ebay but didn't sold probably cause its Japanese cards
dry.gif

P1030119.jpg

(This Cards and more ^)

lucky some of those cards would sell for more then 20.00$ like the blue-eyes dragon's and the red dragon god monster...
that card is the Kingdom. remeber like the one of the first episode of the anime when Yugi gets invited by Pegasus to his Castle and he got 3 cards? the kingdom,glove and I don't remeber whatelse lol one of em. I think...or has to do something with it. lol don't remeber
tongue.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol at most that collection would sell for 10$
No collector buys japenese cards and god cards are retarded their worth at most 1-2$

EDIT: i don't keep up with any of the new booster packs lol the one i remember i was up to was enemy if justice.

EDIT2: heres the site where i frequent its quite handy http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
zuriel102 said:
Rogue Trader said:

200+ cards are junk

C175R said:
I have bunch of yugioh cards. more than 800 I think some of them are rare. put it on ebay but didn't sold probably cause its Japanese cards
dry.gif

P1030119.jpg

(This Cards and more ^)

that card is the Kingdom. remeber like the one of the first episode of the anime when Yugi gets invited by Pegasus to his Castle and he got 3 cards? the kingdom,glove and I don't remeber whatelse lol well thats one of em.

Haven't watched it in years

Posts merged

QUOTE(outgum @ Dec 27 2009, 08:38 PM)
oh... they look lame, i had something like this in mind:

DbzBaseball.jpg

His Batting average: It's over 9000!

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
No collector buys japenese cards and god cards are retarded their worth at most 1-2$

EDIT: i don't keep up with any of the new booster packs lol the one i remember i was up to was enemy if justice.

EDIT2: heres the site where i frequent its quite handy http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/

Yah, most Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh cards aren't worth much,
I thought the blue-eye's dragon in the bottom left wasn't Japanese, my mistake
tongue.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zuriel102 said:
zeromac said:

tongue.gif
its not lol its english. it came as extra on Shounen JUMP years ago. lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Then.... How come my brother sold his Holographic Charizard awhile back to Vegabonds (A Collectors like Store) for i think 120$?
wacko.gif

Because that guy is a gullible chump. Holographic Charizards (the "rare", first edition ones) go for $10 on Ebay. Think I'm joking? Look it up.

On that note, you're brother is a lucky son of a bitch
tongue.gif

QUOTE(outgum @ Dec 28 2009, 02:16 AM) Wth are baseball cards? like.... whats on them? Baseball isnt big in New Zealand, like NO ONE plays here, does it have like... player stats? Like Dragonball Z cards?

They're just collectible cards with baseball players on them. Since baseball is a huge sport in the US (it is our "national pastime") and we have a lot of big players from years ago (like 40+ years ago), they're quite a collectible. Prices for 'em nowadays aren't as big as they used to be, but there's still a market.

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
zuriel102 said:
zeromac said:

tongue.gif

rofl XD, cool

I guess no one got my its over 9000! reference to DBZ

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
zuriel102 said:
C175R said:
zuriel102 said:
zeromac said:

tongue.gif

rofl XD, cool

*snip

i think we got it, just.... we chose not to acknowledge it XD

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
zuriel102 said:
C175R said:
zuriel102 said:
zeromac said:

tongue.gif

rofl XD, cool

*snip

i think we got it, just.... we chose not to acknowledge it XD

52727_roflcopter.jpg

rofl2.gif

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
zuriel102 said:
outgum said:
Yeah, hang on to them for a few more years and keep them in perfect condition, each mark on the card causes loss of value

I've kept them in a card holder its like a plastic thing.
Smart. Keep it that way.

I will, also i don't buy cards anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?