What popular social media sites do you not have accounts on?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"I actually tried to delete my Twitter account, but it errors out every time I try."

That is interesting. The subject of userbase growth is always a fun one when it comes to this sort of site and many have held Twitter basically stopped growing/reached saturation. In other scenarios companies will try to retain at least the appearance of users to in turn lie to shareholders/advertisers/investors/... (ever tried getting out of a bundled service on an internet contract?).

Sure there is the malice vs incompetence thing but "oh no it is an error with the algorithm" is wearing even more thin than the 9th of software been declared beta.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

BobCh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I only have Facebook and Instagram. I use FB to read some news and Instagram to promote handmade stuff I make. I even buy followers because I don't spend enough time to leave comments, follow some influencers and anything else to attract more followers in a usual way. I don't understand how people can waste so much time on social media and have time to use all of them on a daily basis.

Last edited by BobCh,
D

Deleted User

It would be easier to list the social media sites I do have an account on, because then I would already be done.

AlexBacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've been using social media for a very long time, but I don't have an Instagram account. Many friends wondered why I still don't have an Instagram account, but I use Facebook and watch YouTube videos. And recently I decided to start posting different videos on youtube and came across the blog https://onlypult.com/blog/youtube-video-size , where I learned a lot of useful things for my new idea. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by AlexBacker,

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything really

i really only have this and discord and even then A) i don't use it often and B) i'm not even sure if you can call it "social media"

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only on Reddit and of course hate the majority of the users and content, it's just that it still sort of acts as a catch-all for some of my interests.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a twitter account all due to that pos site repack, so I get notifications of new hacks and exploits. there's a new bootrom exploit for the vita called broombroom, I think, but it only works for prototype systems. it was done by our own @SKGleba iirc.

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I pretty much refuse to get TikTok. I'm sorry but I firmly believe that a lot of the trends that come from it (like the devious licks shit that's been going on) are going to ruin this generation to at least some degree.

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook,
I admit I have a Facebook account once but I find it a waste of time as I don't give a flying rats arse what other people are up to so I deleted it, here are a few more reasons.

1. Some so called friends keeps messaging me for nothing important and just want to impose their boring existence to mine and most of the time they only chat with me when they need something.

2. Some friends gets upset if I don't like or leave a message on their post. It's like it's my obligation to like their posts.
And when I ask to meet up in person, most of my facebook friends refuse because it's much easier for them to catch up with my life on the site.

3. I cringe every time I see my old posts comparing my present personality from the past and just realized What the heck?! Did I post that five years ago?! my god! delete! delete! delete!

4. Too many fake obligatory birthday greetings, there was a time I enabled my birthday notification on facebook and many greeted me on my birthday (at least 50 plus people) but when I hid my birthday notification, only three people remembered I existed including my mom (lol!).

So I deleted my account, and just use my time to play video games and do other recreational hobbies and of course post on this forum on rare occasions to release stress. My time is too precious as gold..err. no.. more like platinum to be wasted on such useless websites full of narcissistic and egotistical individuals living fake lives.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don’t have a Pinterest because I still don’t quite understand how it works, it just looks like a chaotic mosaic to me. I had TikTok installed for about 5 seconds, found the UI an incomprehensible nightmare and uninstalled it. I detest Discord, but I have one for giveaways, same with Twitch. I hate Reddit and will never start an account there, I’d rather drown in soy milk. I do have a Facebook account, but I barely use it - out of all the mainstream SM’s out there I only ever use Twitter, and only to stay up to date with all the content creators I follow, and for the occasional shitpost. If anyone ever wants to actually get in contact with me, it’s GBAtemp and nothing else - personal contacts know how to find me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-