What oldie consoles does everyone own?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
What oldie consoles does everyone own (pre-xbox/dreamcast/ps2/gamecube)? I don't know why but I always find other peoples classic console collections interesting. Personally I own a NES (needs a new cart connector though, damn push down design!), Sega GameGear, Sega MegaDrive, SNES, Saturn and a n64. I've got a backup unit for the SNES and my Saturn is also modded. The Saturn is a slightly more rare version by Victor. Plus I've got a handheld 1970's pinball game called Wildfire (anyone but me old enough to remember it! lol), a c64 in a joystick, Intellivision in a joystick and most of the 5-in-1 arcade sticks.

I'd really like to get my hands on a PC Engine, a Jaguar, a Lynx and a Nomad.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't own any classic consoles. I always trade up, as there are always alternatives. I don't need to own an N64 because of the Wii's Virtual Console, and emulators. I don't need a PS1 because I own a PS2 (it's backwards compatible), and so on. The only way I'd ever keep a classic console is if the next incarnation of the system's line didn't have backwards compatibility, and if it couldn't be emulated with ease.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with the VC though is that you're limited to what's released. You can't just pick up a Goldeneye cart and start playing. Don't get me wrong, I think the VC is an awesome idea, but owning the original console offers more flexability. I know alot of people didn't like the N64 pad as well but I find the design really comfortable.

I'm not really a major fan of SNES emulation. I know everyone says it's perfect but none of the emulators really capture the color palette correctly. If you put a SNES emulator next to a real console running you'll see what I mean.

The SNES palette has a really bright cartoony feel to it and on PC emulators the palette comes off as more moody. The XBox emulator is even more guilty of it. Plus, and I know alot of people say this is a better thing but I disagree, when it runs at a higher resolution for me it loses the SNES feel of the graphics which were, especially in the platformers, soft and kind of cloudy.

The Megadrive emulators come off better with regards to the color palette and resolution but they look flat compared to the real machine.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too fussy!

Also there's no really good Saturn emulator at the moment, which is my favourite retro machine.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a Sega Megadrive, Sega Nomad and a Nintendo 64.

Out of those the N64 still gets a fair workout, whenever my mates come over we play Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart and Mario Party.

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im a Nintendo fanboy, so I have my toaster nes, top loading nes, snes, gbc, n64 (2 of them), gamecube, wii, gba, gba sp, ds, ds lite (3 of them) and a dreamcast for good measure.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NES, SNES, Super Famicom, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X and I think that that is it. None of them are hooked up or get any play

Kenney

Trophies
Website
www.kenney.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
- Philips Odyssey 2001 PONG (1976)
- Atari 2600 2x (1977)
- Philips Console Videopac G7000 (1978)
- Nintendo NES 3x
- Super Nintendo
- Nintendo 64
- Sony PlayStation 1
- Nintendo Gameboy Pocket
- Nintendo Gameboy Color
- Arcade (Neck'n'Neck)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES
SNES
Super Famicom
N64
Gamecube
Wii (when I get it back from Nintendo)
GB Pocket
Gameboy Colour (speakers knackered)
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance Micro
Nintendo DS
Neo Geo Pocket Colour (Favourite handheld)
Game.Com (worst handheld ever, wasn't even worth the £2 I paid for it)

Sinclair ZX Spectrum +
Dragon 32
Commodore 64
Commodore 128
Amiga 500 (dead)
CD-32
CDi (horrid but Mario Hotel & the lightgun games are good)
Jaguar (controller port knackered)
Saturn
Master System II
Megadrive
Dreamcast
Turbografx
Playstation
Playstation One
Playstation 2
Xbox
Xbox 360

Most are in my parents shed, I only have the DC, 360, NGPC and Nintendo stuff here.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
To much to list, so i place a picture i used in another forum, where the same was asked.
(it's a screenshot of an excel form)

I forgot the Philips Videopac G7000 in the list :/

1194816033.jpg

1194816002.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon