imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that I have decided that I am 100% sure that I am not going to buy the DSi, I thought I may as well stick to my DS lite and wait for Nintendo's next* handheld.

*next meaning not an update of the DS but a totally new console i.e GBA>DS

So the other day I was just thinking to myself how unimpressive the DSi was, to think I'd be tempted by 2 built-in cameras and an SD slot, but no, I'm about as tempted as Elmer Fudd in a no hunting zone. Then it struck me! I began to piece together a new image in my mind, an image of a handheld that would impress me, that I would have spent money on, that the DSi could have been.

So I thought, how about putting all of my ideas together to come up with the dream handheld. Now when I say 'dream' I'm not thinking fantasy/science-fiction here, it's within the boundaries of reality, heck if I could have a handheld which cleaned my room, did my homework and fed me 3 times a day that would be great, but seeing as that isn't happening anytime soon I restricted my imagination to that which was feasible (nothing on this list is very hard to accomplish)

So here's what features I would like to see on Nintendo's next cash in (oops I mean handheld!), some of which have already been implemented in the DSi, but still have room for improvement:
  • improved LCD screens with an increased color range, increased contrast ratio, decreased pixel response time to reduce ghosting and blurring effects, and anti-reflective technology to improve outdoor playability.
  • Improved audio and speakers (DSi)
  • Improved Wi-fi range (also should be compatible with WPA network securities rather than only WEP)
  • built in 20mb RAM for improvement in game load times and web browser (compared with 4mb RAM like on the DS and 8mb RAM like the DS with the web browser expansion)
  • Improved Microphone
  • possibly a camera (but better than 0.3MP and should also record video)
  • should be able to play media (e.g. .MP3 audio's and .AVI videos)
  • expandable memory (DSi)
  • improved media i.e. different format of game cart which can hold more memory (e.g. UMD)
  • faster charge times and improved battery life
  • analogue stick located near D-pad for optional alternative use
So there's what I would expect from Nintendo in who-knows-how-many years from now, nothing too difficult I hope, in fact they're all concepts which have already been integrated into many other devices currently or an expansion of one of those concepts. As for now, I'm sticking with my good ol' DS lite
yaynds.gif

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
1. Ultimate Graphics
2. Ultimate Camera
3. Ultimate Mic
4. Ultimate Games

Especially the 4th one, I'm not one fond with imagine and brats(z) series
To bad that will never happen. If that do happen they will have to upgrade the wii too.
Is it me or is nintendo kind of cheap?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
1. Ultimate Graphics
2. Ultimate Camera
3. Ultimate Mic
4. Ultimate Games

Those games sell hence why they are made, also you are not forced to "buy" them.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gian said:
I'd like an improved online system.
Similar to Steam.

For the kids, there could be a parental control thing.
Similar to cable channels.
186763.gif
Wow I never though of that. They should do that cause there are a lot of cheaters online.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ThePinkOne said:
Raestloz said:
1. Ultimate Graphics
2. Ultimate Camera
3. Ultimate Mic
4. Ultimate Games

To bad that will never happen. If that do happen they will have to upgrade the wii too.
Is it me or is nintendo kind of cheap?
Maybe, considering ARM7 is used in toasters (for God's sake! Toasters! Now, maybe you can start admiring your toaster)

What Nintendo DS lacks is graphics, nothing more, innovation and creativity 9due to the presnce of touchscreen and mic) is enough, too much regarding tha imagine and z and horses/ponies (or maybe, too little) and what's left? graphics of course!

Should NDSxxx have PSP graphics I'll definitely get it, or if PSP-4000 has mic and touchscreen, I'll go and get one
tongue.gif
I don't really need the second screen, it's not that useful, only for maps and such, FF3 and FF4 didn't even make good use of the touchscreen (just for status)

well, with the power of a toaster (2, if you count ARM9 maybe) you can't expect ultimate graphics....

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you already said, "analogue stick located near D-pad for optional alternative use" and using UMD's for games.
But you FORGOT THESE: they should also take out A,B,X,Y and replace them with X,Square, Triangle, and Circle
Oh and maybe they should take out the touch screen too! Man now THAT would be the ultimate system.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just better graphics, RAM and processor. I want to be able to emulate PSX/N64 games goddamnit!
All the rest I don't quite care, just don't make the same mistake as Sony made with the PSP, which was making it a handheld which focus was not on games anymore, but more on multimedia.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe said:
Like you already said, "analogue stick located near D-pad for optional alternative use" and using UMD's for games.
But you FORGOT THESE: they should also take out A,B,X,Y and replace them with X,Square, Triangle, and Circle
Oh and maybe they should take out the touch screen too! Man now THAT would be the ultimate system.
Who said what??

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
built in 20mb RAM for improvement in game load times and web browser (compared with 4mb RAM like on the DS and 8mb RAM like the DS with the web browser expansion)
As far as I've been able to 'decode' DSi has a 16M RAM chip in it (beside a 256M flash chip), it runs the browser without any expansion. DS has 4M, browser expansion has 8M... 8+4=12.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, now I present nintendo's newest handheld that all of you want! THE DSD!!!!
grog.gif

2wp1nvr.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for...