• Total voters

Tjharwin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard people say that the DS can't support the graphics provided by the N64, and that explains why there's no N64 emulator on DS. However, Super Mario 64 DS was even better graphics than the original, so how the hell did Nintendo fix that one up?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't vote, 2 on there I'd equally like to see:
Super Smash Bros and Starfox64.

SSB I think just would make sense especially with the Wii title popping up very shortly. They could take the N64 game and bring it over, add wifi, maybe do it 'remix' style and toss in a few more things.

Starfox because they should apologize to any DS owner who wasted cash and/or piracy time on the DS game we got. Controls were an abomination and the fact they reduced it to a stupid turn based map, limited clock in combat, and limited the turns behind fog of war before fail made the game completely NOT starfox other than using the arwings and crew. Game is a fucking disgrace. First time I ever emailed a hate mail off to Nintendo was over that one for screwing the pooch on a game so badly I paid for. >:\

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard people say that the DS can't support the graphics provided by the N64, and that explains why there's no N64 emulator on DS. However, Super Mario 64 DS was even better graphics than the original, so how the hell did Nintendo fix that one up?
Mario 64 didn't exactly push the N64 now did it?

Theres no N64 emulator because a system HAS to be a lot more powerful than one its emulating to pull of decent speed emulation. A GBA is a lot less powerful than the DS but you'll never see a emulator running on the DS that runs at full speed.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfox because they should apologize to any DS owner who wasted cash and/or piracy time on the DS game we got. Controls were an abomination and the fact they reduced it to a stupid turn based map, limited clock in combat, and limited the turns behind fog of war before fail made the game completely NOT starfox other than using the arwings and crew. Game is a fucking disgrace. First time I ever emailed a hate mail off to Nintendo was over that one for screwing the pooch on a game so badly I paid for. >:\

Totally agree on that one. Xyanide for PSP is even closer to a remake of SF64 than SFC was!

Theres no N64 emulator because a system HAS to be a lot more powerful than one its emulating to pull of decent speed emulation. A GBA is a lot less powerful than the DS but you'll never see a emulator running on the DS that runs at full speed.

Very true. The general 'rule' is that the cpu of the emulating system must be 10x faster than that of the system being emulated. That's of course not taking into account the GPUs and other hardware that speed up rendering, sound, etc though.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dammit just rent a room already.

That makes pretty much no sense but at least your trying.

I know.. I just was trying to enter the argument. Guess I gotta think up some other crap to say now... :'(

Yep, guess you do
happy.gif

Mr Shhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Perfect Dark N64 or Golden Eye
Ogre Battle
Turok (Multiplayer, not the lame single player)
1080° Snowboarding
Pilot Wings
Wave Race
Sin and Punishment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.