Hacking What microsd or microsdhc are YOU using in your SC-DS1?

iczfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a "hyundai" 512 microsd. there isnt much difference to me in microsd cards, but i guess a better brand name would be better. best places to buy is either best buy or newegg.com. i wish i had a bigger one
frown.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a Sandisk Micro sdhc 8 gig, class 4

It's speed is decent enough to play all the games, but it freezes very often for any games. But thankfully, it doesn't freeze so much that it's unplayable, but just the fact that it freezes every once in awhile. And the only reason why I got this is for the space.

I recommend a Kingston Japan, or higher.

iczfire said:
i use a "hyundai" 512 microsd. there isnt much difference to me in microsd cards, but i guess a better brand name would be better. best places to buy is either best buy or newegg.com. i wish i had a bigger one
frown.gif
NO BESTBUY.

Newegg is excellent, however.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As far as MicroSD cards go, in terms of compatibility, the Japanese made, Kingston 2 gigabyte MicroSD card is the best. You can pick them up for around 10$ on NewEgg or two for 20$ or so. If you do get a MicroSDHC card, try to go with a Japanese Kingston model or a high grade Sandisk model with good read/write speeds.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
As far as MicroSD cards go, in terms of compatibility, the Japanese made, Kingston 2 gigabyte MicroSD card is the best. You can pick them up for around 10$ on NewEgg or two for 20$ or so. If you do get a MicroSDHC card, try to go with a Japanese Kingston model or a high grade Sandisk model with good read/write speeds.
A-Data has better R/W speeds than Kingston when it comes to their Class 6 SDHC offerings.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always just buy a 2GB Kingston (Japan) microSD from DealExtreme. It's only $12.33 and you're guaranteed that it'll be a Japanese one (if you buy elsewhere, there's a chance you'll get Taiwan). They're authentic, too.

I have one A-DATA 4GB Class 6 microSDHC and it is definitely the fastest. I just like the 2GB Kingstons better for price/battery.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A-Data is really hard to get in Germany, so I've settled for a Kingston TW 4 GB (Class 4). Works like a charm so far. Though I have to admit that I haven't tried Castlevania yet.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ashesburn said:
Anyone has any idea how to differentiate a japan made and a taiwanese made SANDISK or KINGSTON card?
Kingston cards say "made in japan" or "made in taiwan" in big lettering on the microsd itself. Also, model numbers are different

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ashesburn said:
Unchi-san said:
Kingston cards say "made in japan" or "made in taiwan" in big lettering on the microsd itself. Also, model numbers are different

Is it the same for SDHC and non-SDHC versions?
Hmmm...what about this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-memory-mi...6857&sr=8-4

i am not familiar w/ the 4gig kingstons... i know the 2gig ones suppose to have different model numbers and you can clearly see on the card itself where its made at...

if you are in the market for a 4gig card... i would recommend the a-data 4gig class 6 microSDHC at newegg.com. Not only is it cheaper than the kingston 4gig, but its faster as well (meaning you won't have any problems running any ds game). its the fastest but also one of the cheapest 4gig microSDHC out right now.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
i am not familiar w/ the 4gig kingstons... i know the 2gig ones suppose to have different model numbers and you can clearly see on the card itself where its made at...

if you are in the market for a 4gig card... i would recommend the a-data 4gig class 6 microSDHC at newegg.com. Not only is it cheaper than the kingston 4gig, but its faster as well (meaning you won't have any problems running any ds game). its the fastest but also one of the cheapest 4gig microSDHC out right now.

Ah right. I actually do have a SANDISK 2gb and a KINGSTON 2gb (apparently it's Jap). Looking at 4gb microSD actually. I've heard of newegg.com, but do they do overseas shipping to the UK?

---------------------

I just checked their website. They don't do overseas shipping. Oh well...I'll source in the Europe then. Thanks for you help!

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I use a 2GB toshiba microsd. I think it is the same hardware as the kingston one as I had a 2GB kingston and they had very similar read and write speeds. It also says C02G and Japan on it. I wish I had a microsd with more space...

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ashesburn said:
Unchi-san said:

Ah right. I actually do have a SANDISK 2gb and a KINGSTON 2gb (apparently it's Jap). Looking at 4gb microSD actually. I've heard of newegg.com, but do they do overseas shipping to the UK?

---------------------

I just checked their website. They don't do overseas shipping. Oh well...I'll source in the Europe then. Thanks for you help!

no problem! there are actually a ton of British people on gbatemp... so if you make a new thread on where to get a 4gig microSDHC for cheap in UK... i'm sure you will find your answer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT