Gaming what is your starter pkm going be?

which pkm will you pick?

• Chikorita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyndaquil

• Totodile

• Total voters

Clongetty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The last pokemon game I played was pokemon yellow when I was young. I never digged the pokemon past the first 151. are the old pokemon still in this game? will I be mind fucked if I get into this game with that many pokemons? is tehre things I need to know before playin' it?

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Clongetty said:
The last pokemon game I played was pokemon yellow when I was young. I never digged the pokemon past the first 151. are the old pokemon still in this game? will I be mind fucked if I get into this game with that many pokemons? is tehre things I need to know before playin' it?
This is the next one after Red/Blue/Yellow, but keeping compatibility with the newer ones.
This goes to... what... 200 something Pokemon? Cause they only added 100 to the original 151, but I heard this version added some pre-evolution forms to the original G/S Pokemon.

I prefer the original ones too, the 400 whatever Pokemon there are now seem to be just a little much.
I welcome this return to simpler times with open arms, especially since I didn't get to play it the first time. Jumped right from the original Red to Diamond. That was quite a shock to the o'll system.
wacko.gif

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain Cocoa said:
Clongetty said:
This is the next one after Red/Blue/Yellow, but keeping compatibility with the newer ones.
This goes to... what... 200 something Pokemon? Cause they only added 100 to the original 151, but I heard this version added some pre-evolution forms to the original G/S Pokemon.

I prefer the original ones too, the 400 whatever Pokemon there are now seem to be just a little much.
I welcome this return to simpler times with open arms, especially since I didn't get to play it the first time. Jumped right from the original Red to Diamond. That was quite a shock to the o'll system.
wacko.gif
umm... I'm PRETTY sure that this includes all the newer Pokemon from RSE and DPPt as well as those originally in RBY and GSC...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never understood why you would take a water starter. Water is super common and you can get them anywhere. Fire is weak against alot of stuff. Grass isnt all that much stronger, but id rather be that type.

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyndaquil. Same as last time. Also, good fire Pokemon are hard to come by, while there is always an abundance of good water, and I rarely use a grass type.

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I always choose the fire type. Although this game's fire pokemon isn't nearly as strong as Pokemon Diamond,Pearl, & Platinum starter.
Infernape is awesome.

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clongetty said:
1. When Diamond and Pearl were released they made a change to Attack and Special Attack.
For example, fire was a special move in Yellow, but now there are physical fire moves and special fire moves.
2. Pokemon have abilities now.
For example, a Pikachu has Static which may paralyze a pokemon that hit it with a physical attack.
3. You can breed pokemon, but really I've never bothered except to get the baby pokemon as caught in my pokedex.
Male pokemon will pass on moves some of which can only be gotten through breeding and the female is the pokemon that the baby will be.
4. There are now double battles which is slightly interesting, sometimes you get a cpu partner.
Also, some moves like surf hit all pokemon which can be bad for your other pokemon or teammate.
5.There are shiny Pokemon which are extremely rare and your probable not going to see one, except for a story related one that you can catch.
They are just differently colored and you'll know one when you see it as stars circle around it.
6. Two new types, Dark which are made to beat psychic pokemon which were overpowered in Pokemon Yellow and Steel which are great at defense

I think that all the major changes they've made since pokemon yellow and all 151 pokemon are still in the games.
The games are still missing a real story,any new pokemon types, and have lot of filler pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU