Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally tested most things

-3rd and 4th gen tutor moves, tms, and egg moves work.
-moves must be from the same generation as the pokemon, egg or otherwise
-pokewalker exclusive moves work
-the game will accept almost any PID
-if you're going to edit ivs, change the pokemon from a gen 5 PID to a method 1 PID and do it that way. catching a pokemon and immediately changing its ivs will disqualify it.
-random wifi doesn't care about catch location

to quickly get a pokemon up and ready for battle: check off the "egg hatched" box and change the "level met" to 1. set the ball to a poke ball and change the IVs to whatever you want. don't change the PID. this has worked for me 100% of the time. this way you use egg moves, tutor moves, etc with no problem. i didn;t think i needed to say it, but yes, nature too. moves, whatever. anything learnable is fine.

pokemon names- this is why a lot of people can't get on:
-the english translation DOES work, but pokemon named from it(i.e. caught in it) will not right away. over 5 characters ARE allowed, but they must be done using japanese-english letters. this leaves a few options.
-catch a poke in the translated game, edit it properly, and rename it with the name rater. that will fix it.
-in pokegen use the character map and plug in letters 1 by 1. this works and i've gone up to 8 letters with no trouble battling on wifi
-use the unicode japanese-english letter map and write in the characters yourself. get the unicode map here: http://www.unicodemap.org/range/87/Halfwid...ullwidth_Forms/
-pokegen b15 has a working character map and is better than pokesav in every way. get it here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...and-information
-3rd/4th generation pokes of any language work on b/w(i.e. any unicode english works, not just japanese-english), but 5th gen MUST be japanese-english only.

e: going to see how trainer name affects things tonight. i've heard both that it does and the poke won't be allowed on and that it doesn't and using english unicode doesn't affect anything.

-i've gotten a few dream world pokes to work and a few that haven't. still looking into it.

if you need to shift something, this can simulate it:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...ull=1#post97287

it works great, but seems to set the ball as a dream ball often. just change it in pokegen.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. should help out a lot of people with this problem.
smile.gif

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have changed ivs immediately, yet my totally legit bred tyranitar that i caught in gen five will not work. It truly can be random at times.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yamizace said:
I have changed ivs immediately, yet my totally legit bred tyranitar that i caught in gen five will not work. It truly can be random at times.

you just said you changed them right away. you're not supposed to. it needs to be made a method 1 PID first.

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry i shoulda clarified. The ivs i changed immediately worked fine. The pupitar I caught trained and evolved does not. I dont get ti myself. What is a method one PID? Sorry not familiar with the term.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yamizace said:
Im sorry i shoulda clarified. The ivs i changed immediately worked fine. The pupitar I caught trained and evolved does not. I dont get ti myself. What is a method one PID? Sorry not familiar with the term.

oh, wait, sorry you said you bred it. yeah, that should work fine. are you using the english patch?

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
yamizace said:

oh, wait, sorry you said you bred it. yeah, that should work fine. are you using the english patch?
no im using an untougched game. There is something im missing.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yamizace said:
Bond697 said:
yamizace said:

no im using an untougched game. There is something im missing.

can you post the pkm of the larvitar or whatever it is now?

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out that its because it had dragon dance, but I bred my pupitar i legit caught on route 15 or wherever you catch em at with my ononkosu (spelling) kibago evo, and it legit got that move so I dont think nintendo has any idea what its doing. Its odd the first thing I did when I hatched the egg was test it as a larvitar to see if it would go through and it did. whatever reason, once it evolved it wont go through. As soon as I took the move off it went right through.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yamizace said:
I figured out that its because it had dragon dance, but I bred my pupitar i legit caught on route 15 or wherever you catch em at with my ononkosu (spelling) kibago evo, and it legit got that move so I dont think nintendo has any idea what its doing. Its odd the first thing I did when I hatched the egg was test it as a larvitar to see if it would go through and it did. whatever reason, once it evolved it wont go through. As soon as I took the move off it went right through.

it's an egg? as far as the pkm is concerned, it's not. it says it was never hatched. one of these is stopping it from working, not dd.

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
yamizace said:

it's an egg? as far as the pkm is concerned, it's not. it says it was never hatched. one of these is stopping it from working, not dd.
See I changed DD and it went right though. I dunno why but changing DD put it right through. You think it changed some data somewhere? Ive since played with file to see what I could do to get ti to work.

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely DD. I bred a second larvitar edited the stats immediately with DD and it wouldnt pass check. Used TM 2 to remove DD, went through. load teh file into your game and try it yourself.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as the game is concerned, it's not a hatched poke. egg move on a non-hatched poke. it's not nintendo being restrictive, it's that there's something wrong with the pkm

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually a legit pokemon tho thats the thing. Caught the pupitar at route 15 breed it with my kibago evo. Any way to fix this? I see what you are saying tho. lol got it. Im so stupid, I should have just picked egg hatch location in pokesav.

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was confused because my infernape had thunderpunch as an egg move and it wasa saved poke too. but thinder punch is also a move tutor move so it lets it through. thats why it was so confusing and I hatched my infernape too.

Posts merged

Thanks for your help Bonds.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know what to do; NONE of my pokes are allowed through, the one's I'm trying now aren't even edited, just caught and trying to see if they can go through and nothing works. If someone wants to take a look at the pkm files and lemme know how to fix them?

MU sucks....
Here's the first, I dont know wat the problem.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R11T616M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021