What is the Worst Legend of Zelda Game of All Time?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D; Skyward Sword
I love Skyward Sword but the game felt very mundane for me to play; I wish the developers left movement to be more like older Zelda games rather than limiting movement through stamina, as I found myself looking at the stamina meter more than the world around Link. But it's really the biggest complaint I have with the game

2D; Triforce Heroes/Four Swords
Because I don't like them honestly

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I love all Zelda games, I do have some I like more over others.
First Zelda game I ever played was Link to the past on my SNES. First Handheld Zelda game I played was Link's Awakening on my gameboy pocket, and the first 3D Zelda game I played was Ocarina of Time on my N64. So those three will always be at the top of my list.

Anywho my non-importaint opinion of where all the games fall from best to worst in no particular order not including any crossover games or novelty games.

The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past
Link’s Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Breath of the Wild
Link’s Awakening [Switch Remake]
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The Minish Cap
A Link Between Worlds
A Link to the Past + Four Swords
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora’s Mask 3D
Oracle of Seasons
Oracale of Ages
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Tri Force Heroes

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol people saying games like ocarina of time or botw being the worst zelda games...

Even if you dont like them they could never be worse than any of the Zelda CDI games even if they tried and then you got other games like triforce heroes which is complete crap.

Anyone saying the prefer zelda cdi games over ocarina of time or botw are just not videogame people at all.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I absolutely hated Skyward Sword for many reasons, of which dysfunctional motion controls was just one - the extremely small Pouch was another, as was the empty and boring sky, the obnoxiously slow Loftwing, the three Imprisoned fights being bullshit, limited stamina being an artificial and aggravating limitation, and the Silent Realms being infinitely worse Tear-collecting sequences than the ones in Twilight Princess (with SS' variant having stupidly-short time limits and a reset condition, along with once again retreading the exact same terrain you've already traversed numerous times, instead of allowing you to explore a new region of Hyrule).

Another game I heavily disliked? BotW - it still has the exact same limited-stamina limitation, except this time it can be upgraded! ...at the cost of not increasing your health...boo. You also cannot max out both Hearts and stamina, even with the DLC's extra set of Spirit Orbs. Weapons and shields are far too fragile to be fun, or to feel worthy of being rewards or secrets. Zelda herself does not actually appear at all, despite supposedly being a major character, outside of flashbacks and the post-Ganon cutscene. The Gerudo are particularly blatantly sexist in this game, and the utter lack of outrage (since it's women banning men, when vice-versa would result in a major shit-storm) is sickening. Almost zero pre-placed map markers means almost zero direction, which is a large turn-off for players like myself who don't like blindly exploring huge worlds. Eventide Island and the Master Sword trials temporarily removing all your collected stuff is an unnecessary difficulty spike, even with max Hearts. The four divine beasts just aren't good dungeon replacements, being noticeably smaller and not nearly as rewarding to conquer.

I also never really got into A Link to the Past; not only is pink hair a ridiculous error, but Dark World enemies just deal too much damage and the controls feel particularly dated - which is weird, since I quite like Link's Awakening DX on 3DS Virtual Console...I dunno, just never felt right to me, this game. Oh well.

Lastly, I do think the Oracle duo are decent games...if you use cheats to get all the Rings (to remove RNG and stuff), to lock that Thwomp boss' colour (otherwise he changes colour way too quickly to throw a Bomb into him reliably), and to bypass the stupid Goron dancing, and used save states to finish the Subrosian dancing. Yeah, those are some really nasty flaws with the duo. Oh, and the Mermaid Suit's controls aren't intuitive or fun either; almost forgot that one.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked both skyward sword, due to the controls actually, and OoT. I bought breath of the wild, but I haven't played it yet. I'm afraid I won't like it due to there being no big dungeons, weapons breaking, etc. sounds more like a western rpg, which I don't really like too much.
Nooo Bro ZELDA BOTW is basically Nintendo's Skyrim ..its amazing !! i have it on my WiiU forever which i completed twice ...& i couldn't resist buying it again on my OLED Switch ... & its actually even better with cemu on PC for the Mods Ect .... get stuck in asap

Reactions: godreborn

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
by far the worst is minish crap

morshu-legend-of-zelda.gif

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i dont count tingle games because they dont have zelda in the title therefore they arent zelda games imo
Looks over at Triforce Heroes... riiiiight

Though I guess that does get me thinking, Triforce Heroes definitely is a Zelda game, but what about either Hyrule Warriors game? I mean they're definitely Warriors games, but are they also Zelda games? The formula is drastically different from a traditional Zelda game, but the same is true of Zelda 2, which is obviously undoubtedly a Zelda game. And Age of Calamity is essentially an alternate universe prequel to BOTW. It's interesting to think about.

I guess to that extent, we could throw Link's Crossbow Training into the mix as well.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Though I guess that does get me thinking, Triforce Heroes definitely is a Zelda game, but what about either Hyrule Warriors game? I mean they're definitely Warriors games, but are they also Zelda games? The formula is drastically different from a traditional Zelda game, but the same is true of Zelda 2, which is obviously undoubtedly a Zelda game. And Age of Calamity is essentially an alternate universe prequel to BOTW. It's interesting to think about.

I guess to that extent, we could throw Link's Crossbow Training into the mix as well.
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive is a pretty good game, all things considered, except that S-ranking missions is needlessly difficult almost solely because of the couple-thousand-KOs requirements; sometimes it's the timer or damage, but often it's the KOs. Ugh.
Also, how did Zelda get Sheikah training, if Impa - her Sheikah attendant - didn't teach her? Kinda a plot hole, that.

HW: Age of Calamity...eh. Worse performance, and focuses on a game I find to be dogshit, so no, not gonna touch it. Bad game.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

you do know the game is not called just triforce heroes right? its called

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes​

It does play line regular zelda forms altough mostly coop focused and it sucks but its a zelda game through and through a bad one but it is one.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know the game is not called just triforce heroes right? its called

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes​

It does play line regular zelda forms altough mostly coop focused and it sucks but its a zelda game through and through a bad one but it is one.
I must have jumped universes or something, cuz this a weird Mandella effect for me. I swear, it used to just be called Triforce Heroes.

Point is you say it is a Zelda game based on how it plays, so if they removed Zelda from the title it would still be a Zelda game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox