Hacking What is the point of a modchip?

GiRPwN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of a modchip now that you are able to hack a wii without it?

and can you play ISOs on the wii wouthout a modcip?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
autoboot and full speed and less chance of bricking or being bricked by an update.

Oh and it has some really cool access lights that flash when it reads the disc
tongue.gif

zeldafn333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make the arguement that it is more brick safe than using Gamma or the new CiosPack, but at the same time, if you don't know how to sodder or want to spend the extra 50$ for a presoddered chip, you have more of a chance of damaging your wii's hardware.

Plus I hate the freaking triwing. It broke on the third screw I took out
glare.gif

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
- fullspeed
- games in disc channel
- no video lagging
- gc backup support
- brick safe, because you can run autoboot isos (only until system menu 3.2)
etc...

i would preffer the chip installation, because you haven't any problems with the games...that means all games work

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davedeluxe said:
- fullspeed
- games in disc channel
- no video lagging
- gc backup support
etc...

i would preffer the chip installation, because you haven't any problems with the games...that means all games work

In a nut shell.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
With 3.2E + Starfall + cIOS pack (dip module added to ALL ioses) most of the following is possible
Wiisel said:
autoboot and full speed and less chance of bricking or being bricked by an update.

Oh and it has some really cool access lights that flash when it reads the disc
tongue.gif

With the dip module added to all IOS:es, and either a chopped up gamecube controller always pressing Y (or just pressing Y) or a SaviMii, autoboot (even of backups and auto boot disks) before System Menu is possible. Also updateblocking is at the same time in place with Starfall.

QUOTE(davedeluxe @ Jan 11 2009, 05:05 PM) - fullspeed
- games in disc channel
- no video lagging
- gc backup support
etc...

Same goes to games in disc channel, and autoboot brick safeness. Video lagging is only a rare occurance with this setup, I don't experience it; but sure it's only 3x, not 6x, running backups.

So basically it all comes down to chips giving 6x and GC backups more than the current softmod status. GC has been worked on from several sources lately, so I would guess it's not too far away; but 6x on the other hand will probably be the pro of modchips for quite sometime. (Especially since in most cases it doesn't do difference enough to be worthwile to hack.)

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
- fullspeed
- games in disc channel
- no video lagging
- gc backup support
etc...

exactly, 110% compat, true speed required by the disc, GC backups, the list goes on man..
No need to piss about moaning of slow speed or loading times or what not, just bang in and play...N waiting, no worries, and no worries that your next burned game isn't going to work.....

Question is, well there isn't a question, who the fuck cares about warranty? i bought my wii, within 1 day soldered a wiinja, February 2007.....
So that's why, Iv'e been using backups all the way back to jan 07

If you were asked, do you want a modchip installed?, I'm pretty dam sure you'd say YES, fuck the warranty, if any, its cheap as shit anyway!

I mean what have you non modders been doing since when 1st gen chips came out? I know what iv'e done.....not waiting 2 years for freeware.
There is no question a modchip is simply the best way...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool