What is the NVRAM installer?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MisterPantsEyes, Aug 23, 2016.

1. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    I saw a GW NVRAM installer in my DS flashcard, started it a few times and most of the times it frozes. I thought it was the DS Profile Exploit thing but apparently it's something else? Did I fuck up?

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    it's the DS profile exploit installer if you have 4.x mset in sysnand. GW menu (launcher.dat) also has this.

MisterPantsEyes and Exavold like this.
  3. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    I don't know what mset I have (or what that even is this). My sysNAND fw is 4.5 or 4.2, not sure.

So do I need to worry?

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    if you sysnand is 4.x, then you have 4.x mset i.e. system settings.

MisterPantsEyes likes this.
  5. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    Ok thanks and danks to you.

6. Boss351

Boss351 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2007
    Australia
    I have a circa 2014 Gateway 3DS, games worked fine until my young nephew this week decided to format the system menu and input his username/birthdate etc....don't ask why, my own fault letting a young kid play on my system unsupervised , the system is still on firmware 4.4.10 but when selecting the DS Profile Exploit it loads his profile, I have back up of my systems SD card but I assume the GW exploit has been deleted.

As I can't find my Gateway 3DS blue card I thought maybe I could use a old Acekard DSi card but trying to run the fake DS game installer I get black screen error that the 3DS needs to shutdown, does firmware 4.4.10 block the Acekard DSi card?, any other method to get the GW exploit installed?

any advice appreciated

Last edited by Boss351, Aug 23, 2016
  7. olec04

olec04 Working on Project Heaven!

Banned
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
    Spider exploit