Gaming What is the differences in PAL , NTSC-U ,etc.....

2yugimoto

OP
Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
i got a wii from the united states, can i play pal or ntsu or any other type of games without bricking? by the way i got twilight hack + 4.0u on my wii and wii backup laucncher. (do i have to patch it with wii brick blocker?)and i just want to no if i put in a disk with PAL ESPAL will i brick? for example i just burned a game called: [Wii]Mario_Power_Tennis[PAL][ESPALWii.com] if i put it on the wii just the way it is,will i brick?

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you remove the update from the iso, you will have no chance of bricking, if you update with a wrong region, you will get semi-bricked, but that is recoverable

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2yugimoto said:
thx but... if i have my wii updated to latest firmware wich is 4.0 then will it update using the disk? and will i brick?

There is a risk of getting a semi brick as far as i know. And you can get the news/weather channel twice in the other region (but they dont work)
And there isnt any game with 4.0 inside yet!

Artia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you launch backups with BL 0.3 you SHOULD aviod all updates, for example i played Rune Factory: Frontier NTSC on my PAL console without any problem.

buslady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found that with the twilight and homebrew on my system that I have to force the region that I am in, for instance I am in the US. If I use a PAL, I have to click on force the NTSC for it to work. Is that the norm for everyone else or do I have something not installed?

thanks
buslady

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only play games from your region (NTSC-U for United States) or that have the update removed. You can also use RegionFrii to change the region of certain games, although this can sometimes cause in-game issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...