What is the differences in PAL , NTSC-U ,etc.....

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 2yugimoto, Mar 27, 2009.

1. 2yugimoto
    OP

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Philidelphia
    i got a wii from the united states, can i play pal or ntsu or any other type of games without bricking? by the way i got twilight hack + 4.0u on my wii and wii backup laucncher. (do i have to patch it with wii brick blocker?)and i just want to no if i put in a disk with PAL ESPAL will i brick? for example i just burned a game called: [Wii]Mario_Power_Tennis[PAL][ESPALWii.com] if i put it on the wii just the way it is,will i brick?

2. ddp127

ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    if you remove the update from the iso, you will have no chance of bricking, if you update with a wrong region, you will get semi-bricked, but that is recoverable

3. 2yugimoto
    OP

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Philidelphia
    thx but... if i have my wii updated to latest firmware wich is 4.0 then will it update using the disk? and will i brick?

4. fabi280

fabi280 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Somewhere in Europe
    There is a risk of getting a semi brick as far as i know. And you can get the news/weather channel twice in the other region (but they dont work)
    And there isnt any game with 4.0 inside yet!

5. Artia

Artia Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    Italy
    If you launch backups with BL 0.3 you SHOULD aviod all updates, for example i played Rune Factory: Frontier NTSC on my PAL console without any problem.

6. buslady

buslady Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    I have found that with the twilight and homebrew on my system that I have to force the region that I am in, for instance I am in the US. If I use a PAL, I have to click on force the NTSC for it to work. Is that the norm for everyone else or do I have something not installed?

thanks
    buslady

7. SublimeAndEtc

SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Only play games from your region (NTSC-U for United States) or that have the update removed. You can also use RegionFrii to change the region of certain games, although this can sometimes cause in-game issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice