What is the differences in PAL , NTSC-U ,etc.....

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 2yugimoto, Mar 27, 2009.

Mar 27, 2009
  1. 2yugimoto
    OP

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i got a wii from the united states, can i play pal or ntsu or any other type of games without bricking? by the way i got twilight hack + 4.0u on my wii and wii backup laucncher. (do i have to patch it with wii brick blocker?)and i just want to no if i put in a disk with PAL ESPAL will i brick? for example i just burned a game called: [Wii]Mario_Power_Tennis[PAL][ESPALWii.com] if i put it on the wii just the way it is,will i brick?

2. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    if you remove the update from the iso, you will have no chance of bricking, if you update with a wrong region, you will get semi-bricked, but that is recoverable

3. 2yugimoto
    OP

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thx but... if i have my wii updated to latest firmware wich is 4.0 then will it update using the disk? and will i brick?

4. fabi280

Member fabi280 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    There is a risk of getting a semi brick as far as i know. And you can get the news/weather channel twice in the other region (but they dont work)
    And there isnt any game with 4.0 inside yet!

5. Artia

Newcomer Artia Newbie

Italy
    If you launch backups with BL 0.3 you SHOULD aviod all updates, for example i played Rune Factory: Frontier NTSC on my PAL console without any problem.

6. buslady

Newcomer buslady Newbie

United States
    I have found that with the twilight and homebrew on my system that I have to force the region that I am in, for instance I am in the US. If I use a PAL, I have to click on force the NTSC for it to work. Is that the norm for everyone else or do I have something not installed?

thanks
    buslady

7. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Only play games from your region (NTSC-U for United States) or that have the update removed. You can also use RegionFrii to change the region of certain games, although this can sometimes cause in-game issues.