Gaming What is the BEST team of 6 in Pokémon?

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am using Pokemon Platinum on the CycloDS (1.56 final) and I wanted to know which Pokemon you think best suit a team of 6 (non legendary). My friend (aged 24) has become a Pokemon recluse... learning how to breed them to get the right natures, EVs, and all sorts of crap he needs an entire note book for! Crazy dude sent 35 Spirtombs into the wild... that will RUIN the Pokemon ecosystem! Just kidding. Not that crazy, yet. I am using cheats so I can get any Pokemon from the national dex at any level, but I prefer to get them at lvl 1 so they can get better stats via leveling. Then I can capture like ten at a time and see what natures and stuff suit each Pokemon.

Clearly with the Wild Pokemon cheat I could catch level 100 Shinys of Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Giratina, Mew, and Mewtwo.. which I did, but it isn't fun after a while, so that's why I don't want legendary. I also had a level 100, all shiny team of Porygon, Tangela, Snorlax (learned fly), Magicarp, Metapod, and Arceus... devastatingly stupid. FYI, any of this 6 can learn ANY TM/HM so keep that in mind!! So, give me some advice already!

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Let me be honest with you first. I hate people like you who think you can make an ultimate team through hacking your game to death. Now that that's been said, I'll give you some advice.

1. There is no ultimate or best team.
2. The best teams often have legendaries in them. The most popular include Latias, Celebi, Heatran, Suicune etc. In fact, a large number of legendaries are considered balanced enough to use in standard play. For a list of Pokemon that are usually frowned upon in standard play, look for a tier list called Ubers.
3. Go learn the proper strategies.
4. Do what your friend is doing. Feel free to use the occasional shortcuts through hacking but don't go overboard. Always make sure that you make your Pokemon legal. I recommend you to research what is legal and what is illegal for a Pokemon.
5. Go download Shoddy Battle and try learning off the common strategies other people use.
6. Though I normally dislike doing this, go to Smogon. Smogon is the most competitive Pokemon battling community is existence.

You can't just learn how to play properly without doing some research first. If you aren't going to listen or do any of the above, don't even bother trying to play competitively with other people. Give up now.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
Let me be honest with you first. I hate people like you who think you can make an ultimate team through hacking your game to death. Now that that's been said, I'll give you some advice.

1. There is no ultimate or best team.
2. The best teams often have legendaries in them. The most popular include Latias, Celebi, Heatran, Suicune etc. In fact, a large number of legendaries are considered balanced enough to use in standard play. For a list of Pokemon that are usually frowned upon in standard play, look for a tier list called Ubers.
3. Go learn the proper strategies.
4. Do what your friend is doing. Feel free to use the occasional shortcuts through hacking but don't go overboard. Always make sure that you make your Pokemon legal. I recommend you to research what is legal and what is illegal for a Pokemon.
5. Go download Shoddy Battle and try learning off the common strategies other people use.
6. Though I normally dislike doing this, go to Smogon. Smogon is the most competitive Pokemon battling community is existence.

You can't just learn how to play properly without doing some research first. If you aren't going to listen or do any of the above, don't even bother trying to play competitively with other people. Give up now.

Fair enough, I see what you are saying. Oh, my friend gets heated when I use my hacked Pokemon. I know the proper strategies and all the type balances, I just don't have the time to "Catch 'Em All"... but, I guess Pokemon is more about the Journey than they end rewards. I might just wait a little while for Soul Silver to come out and work on a team from there. But, at least I am raising them from lvl 1 instead of just power housing and TMing the death out of lvl 100s. I guess I'll do some research and find a solid team of 6, catch them in Platinum, and transfer them to Soul Silver. Thanks. If you have any Pokemon you suggest please do so.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suggest Skarmory. Although it's OU (overused) already, it is quite a good pokemon in terms of type as well as stats. Also, if you're willing to take a risk: Arcanine. Good stats, but will obviously be owned by water and ground.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You can always hack a Spiritomb with Wonderwall. Check out Smogon University (http://www.smogon.com). They have good info on how to set up pokemon for battle.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
My opinion on the best team?

1. Mudkip
2. Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
3. Milotic
4. Misdreavous
5. Smoochum
6. Squirtle

OR:

1. Dratini/Dragonair
2. Growlithe
3. Ditto
4. Psyduck
5. Chimchar
6. Shuppet

sonicboom510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to be hacking your pokemon, make sure you don't go overboard with the stats. Smogon is a good resource site that shows you what the EV/IV of the pokemon should have. If you can keep them at or near their max EV/IV potential, then you have legal pokemon that can be played against other players.

Sure its considered foul play since you didn't take the time to progress them through battles, but it nearly cuts that time to fractions.

As for what team is considered the best, it really all depends on what type of situation you're going up against. Since you somewhat know what type of team your friend has, work around that and try to counter that team by picking pokemon that are recommended from Smogon under the counter section of each pokemon listed there.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonicboom510 said:
If you're going to be hacking your pokemon, make sure you don't go overboard with the stats. Smogon is a good resource site that shows you what the EV/IV of the pokemon should have. If you can keep them at or near their max EV/IV potential, then you have legal pokemon that can be played against other players.

Sure its considered foul play since you didn't take the time to progress them through battles, but it nearly cuts that time to fractions.

As for what team is considered the best, it really all depends on what type of situation you're going up against. Since you somewhat know what type of team your friend has, work around that and try to counter that team by picking pokemon that are recommended from Smogon under the counter section of each pokemon listed there.

I understand. I think I am going to see if I can arrange a team of 6 of the original 151.
Who should I take out of this team of 7... clearly lvl 1s.

Growlithe
Machop
Munchlax
Gastly
Onix
Magikarp
Raichu

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best Non-legendary Pokemon are:
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Salamence
Metagross
Garchomp
Arcanine (pretty random but w/e)

In fact, the first five Pokemon I listed are even better than some of the legendaries. However, because of this they are usually banned in competitive (not official) Tournaments.

Check this site out: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally try to get

fire
water
dragon
flying
psychic

I pretty much always get magikarp and evolve it into you know what so it covers both water and dragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
The best Non-legendary Pokemon are:
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Salamence
Metagross
Garchomp
Arcanine (pretty random but w/e)

In fact, the first five Pokemon I listed are even better than some of the legendaries. However, because of this they are usually banned in competitive (not official) Tournaments.

Check this site out: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml

Tyranitar Tyranitar can whip up a sandstorm...which is annoying, not only for your enemy, but for you as well.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicksun said:
6 pokemon of grass type , they are sooo cute

Until someone has ONE fire type or fire move...

I think this is my starer team for Soul Silver:
Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Pikachu, Muchlax, and Gastly.
I want to evolve them all to their peaks too.
I want to keep it old school with the original 151, as said before.
That should be a solid team if I can get the move sets right.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Silvermania said:
magicksun said:
6 pokemon of grass type , they are sooo cute

Until someone has ONE fire type or fire move...

I think this is my starer team for Soul Silver:
Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Pikachu, Muchlax, and Gastly.
I want to evolve them all to their peaks too.
I want to keep it old school with the original 151, as said before.
That should be a solid team if I can get the move sets right.
After reading this post, all I can do is facepalm myself.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
After reading this post, all I can do is facepalm myself.

I started when Pokemon Blue was new so I am much older than most of you guys.
Just trying to keep it real. Having fun playing with an old team.
So I'd appreciate not flaming the thread, partner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...