Gaming What is the BEST RPG in your opinion?

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun for GBA. I was 17 when it came out, and it was the last game i ever pre - ordered. I popped that sucker in my white GBA with the afterburner modification. I played it for over 24 hrs straight, i couldn't put the game down (except for changing the batteries twice). Its was definitely the greatest rpg of all time to me, and i have played almost every rpg Japanese and English that has ever come out. Nothing compares to the great Golden Sun 1, not even Golden Sun 2.

mikaeljunior

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
soma bringer
biggrin.gif

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really love Mugen no Frontier Super Robot Taisen OG Saga.

Clean storyline , Brilliant move animation and err... character looks.

Though its like Namco x Capcom and Super Robot Taisen.

Thats why I like it.
biggrin.gif

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
TWEWY in DS.

Chrono Trigger and Golden Sun in general.

Best history: .HACK in PS2 ( a history involving 7 games must be good enough)

Also Dissidia: Final Fantasy have a nice game style, a mix of smash bros. and RPG (TWEWY but without complex history and touch screen)

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Final Fantasy VII was/is one of the best RPGs I have ever known. It would be such a pleasure if Nintendo/SE released a remake of it on the Wii or DS.

Man, unfortunately dreams stay dreams
frown.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The most enjoyed RPG for the DS is The world ends with you.

As for the GBA, since I haven't played much to begin with, just the original Pokemon games, and Summon nights: Swordcraft story.

Being a Korean, all I played since I was a kid was Starcraft, Sonic, Mario and MMOs no one heard of.....
smileipb2.png

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have to say.. Golden Sun, Final Fantasy 8 then 7 and 10. As for me I would like a ff7 remake on a ps3 to be honest. will have great next gen graphics and blue ray can handle a lot more. : ] but yea Xenosaga III would beone of my top 5 ever. it was amazing and a fitting end to the saga :]

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On DS I would say Dragon Quest IV. Old school awesomeness in the palm of my hand.
gbasp.gif

In general I would say Final Fantasy VIII. For some reason it's my fave FF, out of the other 10 I have played. 4&1/2 times played through including playing it in Japanese only knowing Katakana and some Kanji. I know I am in the minority loving it so much, but don't care.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I fail to see the appreciation that Baten Kaitos deserves. I have found the game to be better than any final fantasy game I have ever played. Not quite as good as Golden Sun but my second favourite series.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite is FF8. I just really liked it.

I haven't really played a DS one I really liked. I'm waiting for the Soma Bringer translation to be 100% before I start playing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1