Hacking What is that file?

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
It's just a package of a Moonshell which can open various formats of media and games.

QUOTE said:
This is a Moonshell 2.05 for DSTT/DSTTi, Now you can use DSTT/DSTTi to play
*.nds *.txt *.ipk *.dpg *.mp3 *.mp4 *.3gp *.gba *.sfc *.smc *.neo *.md *.nes

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
But where is the TTMENU.DAT to start?

And the game compatibility is based on the DSTT kernel or moonshell?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
But where is the TTMENU.DAT to start?

And the game compatibility is based on the DSTT kernel or moonshell?
There will be no "TTMENU.DAT" file as it's been converted to a NDS file most likely in order for the Moonshell to be run as Firmware.

Moonshell has no support for commercial games so it's compatibility is 0.
Since the Moonshell is using the DSTT firmware (most likely YSMenu), compatibility is based off the DSTT firmware.

Do you even bother reading or searching to try to find the answer to these basic questions you have? or do you just make new threads for each one?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
bitonio6,

Have you tried this? How did you get it working (if you did)?
It's just Moonshell2.05 (old, 2.08 is the latest, 2.06 is the last that works with YSmenu loader) with YSMenu built for DSTT (Probably using 1.17a06 firmware, which is pretty old).

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
cogitech said:
bitonio6,

Have you tried this? How did you get it working (if you did)?
It's just Moonshell2.05 (old, 2.08 is the latest, 2.06 is the last that works with YSmenu loader) with YSMenu built for DSTT (Probably using 1.17a06 firmware, which is pretty old).

Sorry, I'm a n00b. I currently run moonshl2.nds from my TTmenu (1.17a12), if I want moonshell.

Sounds like this "Power Kit" has a bunch more stuff built in, but I'm just not sure how to use it. With no TTMENU.dat, how does the DSTT know WTF to boot?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
Sounds like this "Power Kit" has a bunch more stuff built in, but I'm just not sure how to use it.It doesn't really.
From the looks of it, it's just an outdated Moonshell 2 with half-ass loaders for GBC/NES/SNES/Sega/NeoGeo.
Basically, Moonshell has special code that allows you to select a game (like Mario Land.gb) and it will launch the emulator and auto-load that ROM.
But the loaders (that aren't included on this page) aren't really for Moonshell and don't include the extra code needed so they just load the emulator and you have to select the game again.

QUOTE(cogitech @ Jan 11 2010, 02:26 PM) With no TTMENU.dat, how does the DSTT know WTF to boot?
I think I made a mistake there...
I'm not sure if DSTT can run Moonshell as a firmware or not (R4 can), but either way, you'd need the TTMENU.DAT (or _DS_MENU.DAT for R4 cards) to boot whatever firmware you want to run. For example, on R4's you can DLDI patch then encrypt Moonshell2 auto-loading .nds file and make it your _DS_MENU.DAT to load Moonshell 2.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
thats nice package you got...

anyway back totopic..

if you want to autoboot the moonshell ... go rename the moonshl2.nds to ttmenu.dat

btw the moonshl2.nds has no DLDI patch access so probably been patch only for DSTTi to work on it ...

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I tried it out. I wasn't surprised to find that it didn't work at all. Just a bunch of black and blue vertical lines on both screens and an animated icon (the typicall "square blocks - busy" icon) but it never did anything...

Gotta love the amazing documentation that comes with it, eh?
rolleyes.gif

Seriously. None of this shit has any documentation, and then we all sound like fucking morons in the forums cause we don't know what the fuck to do.

"Here's a bunch of folders. You figure it out".

Thanks! (I think).

S

sumarth

actually, the moonshell can boot nds files

"All softwares contained in this package are property of their respective original authors, listed below, who have granted NDSTTi.cn permission to distribute their works."
-WRONG

that yasu fellow doesnt want anyone to distribute ysmenu except his japanese site, and ndstt.cn made a package that runs moonshell as the firmware using ysmenu

i made one too, and people post that "ohmigod! you cant distribute ysmenu!"

mine works and is 1.17a12, see the link in my signature to go to that one
but it loads nds files, i dont know about the other old console roms

see the page in my sig to get a working package
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=202475

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Code:
All softwares contained in this package are property of their respective original authors, listed below, who have granted NDSTTi.cn permission to distribute their works. You are free to copy, distribute and transmit the package in its original state, and you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Moonshell by Moonlight
YSMenu by Yasu
GBA_ExpLoader_MSHL2_01by Rudolph
TEXEVIEW by bliss
avi.tunavidsÂÂby linoul
YSloader for MS2 by linoul
tunavids for MS2 by linoul
NeoDS for MS2 by linoul
NesDS for MS2 by linoul
IMGVIEW for MS2 by linoul
SNEmulDS by archeide&bubble2k&gladius
jEnesisDS by Stephan Dittrich
Lameboy by Nutki

lol
rofl2.gif
lol
rofl2.gif
lol
rofl2.gif

This is what you get when you deal with china. Long live free world trade
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

At least they did not say they made it
rofl2.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
and
credited the authors

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All softwares contained in this package are property of their respective original authors, listed below, who have granted NDSTTi.cn permission to distribute their works. You are free to copy, distribute and transmit the package in its original state, and you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Moonshell by Moonlight
YSMenu by Yasu
GBA_ExpLoader_MSHL2_01by Rudolph
TEXEVIEW by bliss
avi.tunavids by linoul
YSloader for MS2 by linoul
tunavids for MS2 by linoul
NeoDS for MS2 by linoul
NesDS for MS2 by linoul
IMGVIEW for MS2 by linoul
SNEmulDS by archeide&bubble2k&gladius
jEnesisDS by Stephan Dittrich
Lameboy by Nutki
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey sumarth
thats what you should do!

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
cogitech said:
Sounds like this "Power Kit" has a bunch more stuff built in, but I'm just not sure how to use it.It doesn't really.
From the looks of it, it's just an outdated Moonshell 2 with half-ass loaders for GBC/NES/SNES/Sega/NeoGeo.
Basically, Moonshell has special code that allows you to select a game (like Mario Land.gb) and it will launch the emulator and auto-load that ROM.
But the loaders (that aren't included on this page) aren't really for Moonshell and don't include the extra code needed so they just load the emulator and you have to select the game again.

QUOTE(cogitech @ Jan 11 2010, 02:26 PM) With no TTMENU.dat, how does the DSTT know WTF to boot?
I think I made a mistake there...
I'm not sure if DSTT can run Moonshell as a firmware or not (R4 can), but either way, you'd need the TTMENU.DAT (or _DS_MENU.DAT for R4 cards) to boot whatever firmware you want to run. For example, on R4's you can DLDI patch then encrypt Moonshell2 auto-loading .nds file and make it your _DS_MENU.DAT to load Moonshell 2.
yes dstt can use moonshell as the firmware

put moonshel2 folder on root
dldl moonshel2.nds
rename to TTMENU.dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...