Hacking What is Haxchi or CBHC? FAQs and info

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uninstall cbhc and haxchi then format system...this dosn't give a brick or semibrick ?
No. Just make sure to uninstall CBHC first. And make sure to test that it has actually been properly removed. And only remove it with the CBHC Installer.
Once you are 100% sure CBHC is removed, you then go to the System Settings under “Data Management” and delete the DS virtual console game you used for CBHC. Doesn't matter if it still shows the DON'T TOUCH ME icon//text/ But again, you have to be 100% sure you did properly uninstalled it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks now i can redownload the game and reinstall de hack in some point of future :)

yes, that's what I did. I had yoshi's island as my haxchi title, but I had a save at the last stage, so I wanted the game back. I uninstalled haxchi (have to uninstall the game first to redownload it), and then moved the icons and whatnot using wupclient to my computer, then downloaded and installed everything on brain age. good luck.

Tubarao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Haxchi 2.5u2 with default config and I only use it to run Homebrew Launcher/WUPInstaller and install legit games.

Confirmations and doubt:
1 - If I want to install DLC's or other "CFW only" content, I need to run the Haxchi FW, correct?

2 - To do that in default config, I need to hold B when run Haxchi, correct?

3 - If I install one DLC or other "CFW only" content and in another day I run this without turn on Haxchi FW, can I brick the console or I will receive one error? Since I do not intend to use ColdBoot, I will need to run Haxchi FW manually, so this is an important question to know If I want to install "CFW only" content.

Thanks a lot.

brunormalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question... what if I installed CBHC and the icon hasn't changed at all? It boots CHBC but the icon still says Haxchi. What is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Haxchi 2.5u2 with default config and I only use it to run Homebrew Launcher/WUPInstaller and install legit games.
1 - If I want to install DLC's or other "CFW only" content, I need to run the Haxchi FW, correct?
2 - To do that in default config, I need to hold B when run Haxchi, correct?
3 - If I install one DLC or other "CFW only" content and in another day I run this without turn on Haxchi FW, can I brick the console or I will receive one error? Since I do not intend to use ColdBoot, I will need to run Haxchi FW manually, so this is an important question to know If I want to install "CFW only" content.
1 - Yes (or some other signature patching)
2 - Yes, hold B
3 - No brick, Just an error and it'll want to take you to data management. Cancel those pop-ups, run Haxchi, hold B, then start the game again. No harm done.

Reactions: Tubarao

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
1 - Yes (or some other signature patching)
2 - Yes, hold B
3 - No brick, Just an error and it'll want to take you to data management. Cancel those pop-ups, run Haxchi, hold B, then start the game again. No harm done.

For some reason when I want to install DLC with WUP installer GX I need to run (as well as Haxchi) mocha, they play fine using Haxchi alone. What gives? Did I set up Haxchi wrong? my config has default=sysmenu in it.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason when I want to install DLC with WUP installer GX I need to run (as well as Haxchi) mocha, they play fine using Haxchi alone. What gives? Did I set up Haxchi wrong? my config has default=sysmenu in it.
I'm going to guess that you're using Haxchi to start Homebrew Launcher, which means that it doesn't start sysmenu, so no patches.

What you want to do is run Haxchi, wait for sysmenu, then run Haxchi again and hold your Homebrew Launcher button. You could instead install the channel version of Homebrew Launcher and use that if you don't want to run Haxchi twice.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to guess that you're using Haxchi to start Homebrew Launcher, which means that it doesn't start sysmenu, so no patches.

What you want to do is run Haxchi, wait for sysmenu, then run Haxchi again and hold your Homebrew Launcher button. You could instead install the channel version of Homebrew Launcher and use that if you don't want to run Haxchi twice.
I have the HB channel :/

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i install CBHC, do i have to have my SD card in to boot my wii u?
If you're booting to the (patched) sysmenu, you don't need the SD card, but if you're starting Homebrew Launcher, then you would (because it's on the SD).
I have the HB channel :/
Being able to run the channel after running Haxchi proves that signature patching is active. You'll have to tell us what steps you're following that aren't working.

Reactions: wolfmankurd

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
You'll have to tell us what steps you're following that aren't working.

Seems to be working now, I think previously I would load WUP installer GX2 from Haxchi (it's bound to B). I didn't realise that making Haxchi load something other than sysmenu meant it didn't patch it.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: nexusmtz

makodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just curious, is there any way to install haxchi without buying VC game from eshop? I mean like using WUP installer or else?

D

Deleted User

just curious, is there any way to install haxchi without buying VC game from eshop? I mean like using WUP installer or else?
You will be unable to launch it, and if you CBHC'd fake VC game then your Wii U is basically fucked.
Why? Invalid games get ignored even on boot.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has somebody made it so that you can control Haxchi or Homebrew Loader menu without the gamepad and perhaps through Wii U Pro controller?

Thanks

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the initial entry point it has to be legit eshop game. You can however use HaxChi as a sort of channel forwarder for any elf homebrew you want. I myself have several HaxChi's installed using non legit DS games to be forwarders for other homebrew.

None of the non legit HaxChi's will work though unless you're already in CFW. So you need at least 1 legit HaxChi or you need to first get into Mocha.

Hell, if you don't want to buy a DS game you could even setup a non legit HaxChi, boot to Mocha, then run that to be in HaxChi firmware. No reason tho. Just spitballing

Last edited by Kafluke,

makodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
For the initial entry point it has to be legit eshop game. You can however use HaxChi as a sort of channel forwarder for any elf homebrew you want. I myself have several HaxChi's installed using non legit DS games to be forwarders for other homebrew.

None of the non legit HaxChi's will work though unless you're already in CFW. So you need at least 1 legit HaxChi or you need to first get into Mocha.

Hell, if you don't want to buy a DS game you could even setup a non legit HaxChi, boot to Mocha, then run that to be in HaxChi firmware. No reason tho. Just spitballing

Thanks guys.
I was thinking how about download big brain using wiiu helper and then signpatcher it before installing using wup installer and last install haxchi (since in my understanding, signpatcher make non legit to legit game).

But anyway i decided to buy big brain from eshop and now my haxchi installed perfectly. What bugging me now is the big brain gone after installing haxchi. Is it supposed to be like that or I missed something? How to bring it back?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the big brain gone after installing haxchi. Is it supposed to be like that
Yes, haxchi replaces the rom within the game. If you decide that you'd rather have the game instead of haxchi, and you have NOT installed CBHC, you can delete Haxchi from Data Management and re-download the game.

As an alternative, you could use Haxchi's sysmenu option to run out-of-region and non-legit games. That means that you could find and install another region's version of the same DS game. Each region's game is a different title ID, so there's no conflict to the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT