Hacking what is flashme?

alexjzim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, what is flashme? what does it do to your ds? how does it run afterwards? if u want to run a non flahs card game will it work? could you boot gba games? is the original loader screen changed?

i have a dsl with an m3 real running triple boot, and i hear flashme, flashme, flashme, and i figured its time to find out what it is.

alexjzim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying not to curse, ive read the guide and everything, and idk if i need it, or if its any good.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing it will do for your setup is remove the health and safety warning screen. Otherwise it won't have any effect on your M3 Real.

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashme is from the old days of slot 2 flash cards. In simple terms, to the best of my knowledge, it made the DS think there was a game in slot one. You could either have a passme device (which modern slot 1's have under the hood) or if you were cool you'd put flashme on your DS so you wouldn't need one. I remember throwing in a few bucks with my friends so we could get one passme and we'd flash all of our DS's with it. It was a frightening operation where you'd have to bridge a connection and run a small risk of bricking your DS.

So unless you're running one of the old slot 2's you really don't need it and you certainly don't want to go through the process of installing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up