Hacking what is each firmware good for.

path

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I recently ordered an m3 real and it should reach me by new years. Ive been following various threads on this site but not having used anything, a lot of this is still a little unclear to me. Im trying to figure out what each firmware is good for and what I should choose. I want to use the ds primarily to play ds and gba games. But Id like to use the RTS feature some times and I want to be able to use some homebrew (like the organizer, the reader, the vnc app, some games) etc.

From what I understand the sakura is very pleasing to use but doesnt do good homebrew or RTS
I dont know what the itouch does
and the official firmware has RTS and homebrew support but its not very user friendly. So should I be using the 3 in 1 firmware? or am I missing some trick?
thanks

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
path said:
I recently ordered an m3 real and it should reach me by new years. Ive been following various threads on this site but not having used anything, a lot of this is still a little unclear to me. Im trying to figure out what each firmware is good for and what I should choose. I want to use the ds primarily to play ds and gba games. But Id like to use the RTS feature some times and I want to be able to use some homebrew (like the organizer, the reader, the vnc app, some games) etc.

From what I understand the sakura is very pleasing to use but doesnt do good homebrew or RTS
I dont know what the itouch does
and the official firmware has RTS and homebrew support but its not very user friendly. So should I be using the 3 in 1 firmware? or am I missing some trick?
thanks
Just get the triple loader, called iSakuReal. Here's the download link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3938. To use RTS and have good homebrew support, boot on the original firmware by holding down X as you boot. Otherwise just use Sakura (boot without holding any button down). It's easy to use and is a very attractive GUI. The iTouch firmware is useful for nothing, so don't even worry about that!

To install it all you have to do is put the SYSTEM folder on the root of your MicroSD card. After that, create a NDS folder at the root of your card along with a GBA folder. Put your NDS games in the NDS folder and GBA games in the GBA folder. After that you're good to go!

path

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thank you. Thats pretty helpful. I think I remember reading recently that itouch now also has RTS.
Regarding the homebrew I recently read another thread that some homebrew has been disabled for the m3. Thats bad I guess. I know sakura had bad homebrew support, would they work on itouch do you think?
thanks

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
path said:
thank you. Thats pretty helpful. I think I remember reading recently that itouch now also has RTS.
Regarding the homebrew I recently read another thread that some homebrew has been disabled for the m3. Thats bad I guess. I know sakura had bad homebrew support, would they work on itouch do you think?
thanks
When they say that they're disabled on the M3, it just means that things that use the EZflash 3-in-1 won't work on M3's expansion pack. Basically all of Rudolph's tools. Its not that big of a deal really. The homebrew will still boot fine on M3's firmware though, so don't worry about that.

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The iTouch firmware has superb homebrew compatibility - I can't remember coming across anything that doesn't work on it.

I don't use the original firmware much (although I have it as part of the triple booter), mainly Sakura and iTouch if needed for Still Alive, DSOrganize etc.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, the itouch has better homebrew compatibility than the m3 ds real. I don't really see a reason to use the m3 ds real firmware now except for gba support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo