what if admins give up the temp?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
before the temp i used to wander in other gaming forums, and well, some of them died, one of the common reasons is the owners give up\grow up\die\now have a family and they can't keep it up\costs... you name it... forums eventually die.. some of them are left abandoned to their fate until the owner stops paying for it. but most cases the owner makes a statement and closes it up..

what if you went to gbatemp only to find a "site closed" screen..
what would you do?
when do you think it gonna happen? (no website last forever)

Last edited by migles,
D

Deleted User

I don't think the Temp will die. However, do I think that most current and active members here will be gone by 2027? Probably.

People come here in waves. They also move on in waves, kinda. I've looked back on some old threads from 2007, or even as recent as 2012, and I've noticed that most people involved in said threads don't post here anymore. It's kinda sad, but it's life; people move on from certain stages in their lives, and the Temp may be an integral part of said stage.

So, as the older users die off, the newer ones take their place, bring fresh blood into the site. I've seen some Former Staff members who lost interest in the site and moved on, so to speak. It's only natural for them to do so; some members may stay long after others leave, and are there to greet the newer generations of members.

What do I say about this? Enjoy the site now, as it exists now. Before you know it, people here may be moving on to bigger and better things. I, for one, am glad to have met the people I did here, on GBATemp. It's the first forum I ever joined, in all honesty. I know this is a trite and overused statement, but it's one with truth to it nonetheless; cherish the moment while it lasts.

To any newer members from 2020 or beyond reading this, consider what I said; maybe I'm still around and kicking by the time you read this, or maybe I've moved on, but enjoy now, while you still can, whenever that may be to you.

Reactions: T-hug

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the Temp was to die, you probably wouldn't be here to see it.

That's generally why they die, because no one uses it anymore. That's what happened to the old forum I used to post on.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
what would you do?
First thing I would do is to go on Discord servers that other members are on and freak the fuck out, honestly.

Reactions: Chary

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS THAT A DARE?
You'll be Supervisor by then.
Raulpica will take the retiring position of shaunj, and BORTZ is also admin.
The newest mods are the surprisingly less shitposty SmileyHead and GhostLatte.
CeeDee finally gives in and becomes a site reporter, and owns 4 monitors, 1 on GBAtemp's new thread tab, and 2 on gaming news sites, constamtly refreshing.
The forum software is updated, but minor isssues in Tempstyle Dark cause a complete revert in 3 hours, and never re-updated.
Site support ends for all Windows, Mac, and mobile users, as only the Linux exclusive Firefox fork can load some of the scripts required for use.
The Switch is finally CFW'd, after 8 years, in 2025 by the amazingly dedicated gudenau, who successfully brute forced the firmware signing code in only 10 days, by pure act of luck.
arc13 gets arrested ala Cruel, and freeshop gets re-forked over and over, with the same fate occuring to every single forker.
Tempy is canned, much to x65943's dismay, and is replaced with a new mascot, inspired by VinsCool's favorite anime, Felix.

And worst of all, 8 year olds still ask for free 12.5 CFW, when they know 12.4 was the last one with arm11 kernel access. and if they can use the discontinued Miiverse applet to find an exploit. Way to update, losers.

D

Deleted User

You'll be Supervisor by then.
Raulpica will take the retiring position of shaunj, and BORTZ is also admin.
The newest mods are the surprisingly less shitposty SmileyHead and GhostLatte.
CeeDee finally gives in and becomes a site reporter, and owns 4 monitors, 1 on GBAtemp's new thread tab, and 2 on gaming news sites, constamtly refreshing.
The forum software is updated, but minor isssues in Tempstyle Dark cause a complete revert in 3 hours, and never re-updated.
Site support ends for all Windows, Mac, and mobile users, as only the Linux exclusive Firefox fork can load some of the scripts required for use.
The Switch is finally CFW'd, after 8 years, in 2025 by the amazingly dedicated gudenau, who successfully brute forced the firmware signing code in only 10 days, by pure act of luck.
arc13 gets arrested ala Cruel, and freeshop gets re-forked over and over, with the same fate occuring to every single forker.
Tempy is canned, much to x65943's dismay, and is replaced with a new mascot, inspired by VinsCool's favorite anime, Felix.

And worst of all, 8 year olds still ask for free 12.5 CFW, when they know 12.4 was the last one with arm11 kernel access. and if they can use the discontinued Miiverse applet to find an exploit. Way to update, losers.

and I'm just still here shitposting

Reactions: CeeDee

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
before the temp i used to wander in other gaming forums, and well, some of them died, one of the common reasons is the owners give up\grow up\die\now have a family and they can't keep it up\costs... you name it... forums eventually die.. some of them are left abandoned to their fate until the owner stops paying for it. but most cases the owner makes a statement and closes it up..

what would you do?
when do you think it gonna happen? (no website last forever)
GBATemp Discord.

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)