Gaming What I want on the 3DS....

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I just wanted to say darn you Wikipedia. Not even thirty minutes of stumbling through you did something get brought back to the forefront of my memory and attention, which lead me down the thought path resulting in my want/desire/wish....

I want Sqenix to create/finish (honestly preferably in the original/same art style of the original) Final Fantasy x/Final Fantasy SGI Demo/Final Fantasy 64, or more appropriately, the officially titled Final Fantasy VI: The Interactive CG Game. There is no other way to express this, other than to say do it....now.....please....????

Think about it. You could control movement with the D-Pad, the camera with the analog slider, and do the mouse-gestures input method with the touch screen. I don't think I will ever forgive Sqenix for not doing this (as I am already writing it off as not happening) but I know I can't blame them either. Just one guy wishing upon a star....

P.S. - For anyone that needs extra reading, pictures, or even video, go to:
http://www.lostlevels.org/200510/

P.P.S. - I would accept using those character MODELS, and just retexturing them, like this:
http://www.infendo.com/what-is-that-one-ga...ant-on-the-3ds/

RisnDevil

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know to what game you are referring, but you missed the point: I want THAT game. THOSE characters done in that type of a model, with THOSE CONTROLS (though tweaked SLIGHTLY for touch screen versus mouse). I don't want it to be another Crystal Chronicles game for a Nintendo system; the CC games don't feel like complete/full FF games (though neither did 13, but that is a whole other story).

And if you don't want to give me that/this game Sqenix, I would settle for FF7 redone in that same style: original character models but new textures. Don't even have to add a single thing and I will be happy....honest....

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RisnDevil said:
I don't know to what game you are referring, but you missed the point: I want THAT game. THOSE characters done in that type of a model, with THOSE CONTROLS (though tweaked SLIGHTLY for touch screen versus mouse). I don't want it to be another Crystal Chronicles game for a Nintendo system; the CC games don't feel like complete/full FF games (though neither did 13, but that is a whole other story).

And if you don't want to give me that/this game Sqenix, I would settle for FF7 redone in that same style: original character models but new textures. Don't even have to add a single thing and I will be happy....honest....

every fanboy wants a FF7 remake...except Square said they are not doing it on the PS3...they said it was too "expensive" to make..(bullshit...rich bastards) now that the PS3 has been exploited to play PS3 backups in the near future..they DEFINITELY won't do it. they said most likely it will be a PSP exclusive...but I think it will become vaporware.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
now that the PS3 has been exploited to play PS3 backups in the near future..they DEFINITELY won't do it. they said most likely it will be a PSP exclusive..
Yeah they'll chose a platform that is easier and cheaper to pirate!

PS3 being made to play back ups won't dent the software sales too much, most people don't even have bandwidth for a few 360 games let alone some PS3 ones which most clock in at 13gb from what I've seen lately. The 360 can be flashed and it doesn't cost much to pay someone to do it either and that still has nearly all HD games coming to it and STILL software sales are high.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, I was so excited when I saw the first 'screenshots' of that 'game' in I believe Super Play UK magazine, way waaay back when. Of course Final Fantasy 7 turned out to be great, but it wasn't what I was originally promised; I love the designs they WERE gonna use, basically the oldschool designs rendered as close as possible in 3d...big eyes, basically no mouths heh. But awesome! I suppose 9 went somewhat back to that style, but yeah. So, I wholeheartedly agree and would kill for them to go back and make a game in that style that was planned for the 64

p.s. as for the game's control system and/or battle system, anything is fine with me if we can just get a new final fantasy with more oldschool turn-based battles that feel complex and deep..

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. To be honest, I was ambivalent towards a remake until I saw that picture, and then I knew THAT was what I wanted.

I think that thought/knowledge of that picture is what made me really think about the FF6:tICGG "remake". The character models would work, and it would just be cool to see that FULLY PLAYABLE tech demo really come to life. That's the other thing...it wasn't just video(s) for other people to see. People got to PLAY it. No small amount of work went into that.

edit: typo

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe it has never leaked, what's up with that? Someone do so! heh. Thanks for the link had never seen the videos of it before, if I'd seen those when I was 15 or whatever I was it woulda blown my mind to smithereens. Final Fantasy 7 ended up being a lil too far removed, stylistically and otherwise, from what I imagined we were gonna get, from these original 'Ultra 64' possibilities...which was basically just the oldschool FF6 style but in awesome new impossible-to-believe-3D! hehe. Obviously even at that stage then though they were trying to make them as cinematic as possible, it seemed like a good idea at the time I guess...I mean they'd always desired that; thank god for the 'limitations' of the early consoles
wink.gif
now they're still pushing that 'cinematic' quality and it's all-but ruined the franchise for me. It's a strange thing because despite older graphics looking so 'rough' to us now a lot of the time, my memories of the experiences of those games are no more focused on the 'flawed' graphics than my memory of a great novel is a picture in my head of the text I happened to be reading at the time. I was more immersed on those games than I ever will be in something more 'realistic' and 'cinematic' like FF13. The constant push for realism in every way in games has become almost all-pervasive, and more expressionistic or merely less 'realistic' art styles and gameplay design etc seem so rare now. Although perhaps just beginning a comeback, esp with downloadable/indie games etc, particularly since they often seem fueled by a mix of nostalgia combined with the freedom and desire to break new ground...

Nezard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like nintendo to port 90% of the Gamecube catalog to the 3DS, with online capabilities, fixes (e.g Eternal Darkness), compatibility with recent systems (NGC Pokemon games to 3DS/DS Pokemon).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents