Homebrew What homebrew would you like to see made/repaired?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to see any emulator project get back on its feet.

NES DS, Lameboy, SNEmulDS, jEnesisDS, NeoDS, ApprenticeMinusDS, they all seem to have completely stopped.

SNEmulDS could REALLY use the support!

geokes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd love to see some of the emulators to get more work and I want a Castlevania:SOTN conversion
unsure.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like a good typing application. It seems any one out there is full of bugs. I seem to be using DSO for my shopping lists, but I can't leave it on because it doesn't have a proper sleep feature and drains my batteries.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif

I'd like to see a version of the flash game Tanks
and beyond that and upgraded version of that game
smileipb2.png
you know graphics and all that.

and sure some emulators being started again would be nice
yaynds.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
You know what? DSMaps. It's technically still in alpha stages, but it's very handy. I combed over my city at all but the closest zoom levels, so I can browse through the cache when I'm on the go. I can't leave it on, though, because it doesn't have a proper sleep function. It doesn't even turn the screens off, which means I really can't leave it on for long (If I'm using it in daylight, I have to turn my screen brightness up, too, which means I might only get several hours out of it). I'd love to be able to scroll with my stylus, have more on-screen controls, maybe have satellite or terrain views, and rotate the screen if I want to hold the DS sideways. There's really a lot that can be done with that.
Multiplayer map browsing! Cheats! Cool sound-effects!

Actually, an application to create your own map based on a series of split-up images would be amazing (though completely different from DSMaps). I have the local transit bus map with all the bus routes, but I have to use Moonshell or DSO for that.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep it powered longer, you could get one of those external rechargers that take AA batteries or something. Personally I made my own - just cut a car charger in half, hook it up to a 4-AA battery compartment from Radio Shack, tape the connecting area with electrical tape, and I can now recharge my DS at least twice from a single set of 4 AA batteries. It's worth a look at least, if you want to have a portable recharger with you.

xdzt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
unsure.gif

I'd like to see a version of the flash game Tanks
and beyond that and upgraded version of that game
smileipb2.png
you know graphics and all that.

That game is basically Scorched Earth! Thanks for the link, I'll have to have a play when I get home from uni today.

As for porting it to DS, I've thought about Scorched Earth DS quite a bit, but I have trouble imagining how to implement it on DS. The problem is the DS screens are small and vertically stacked. You could hold it brain-age style and use the full 386 pixels it affords, but I rarely find that orientation to be comfortable -- I always find myself pressing buttons I don't intend to. You could also do a WormsDS-esque effort where you have a zoomed in portion on one screen and a map on the other (at least, that's what I recall... been awhile since I tried out Worms), but I think that would be clunky and cumbersome. I suppose you could always attempt to squeeze all the action into one screen, but I feel that there wouldn't be enough real estate to authentically and pleasantly recreate the experience.

If you have any good thoughts on how you could present such a game on a DS, I'm all ears.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
As for porting it to DS, I've thought about Scorched Earth DS quite a bit, but I have trouble imagining how to implement it on DS. The problem is the DS screens are small and vertically stacked. You could hold it brain-age style and use the full 386 pixels it affords, but I rarely find that orientation to be comfortable -- I always find myself pressing buttons I don't intend to. You could also do a WormsDS-esque effort where you have a zoomed in portion on one screen and a map on the other (at least, that's what I recall... been awhile since I tried out Worms), but I think that would be clunky and cumbersome. I suppose you could always attempt to squeeze all the action into one screen, but I feel that there wouldn't be enough real estate to authentically and pleasantly recreate the experience.

If you have any good thoughts on how you could present such a game on a DS, I'm all ears.

unsure.gif

well i was thinking you should just use both the screens vertically and add a map function, brought up with a button along with using the dpad to move on the map, that way the rest of the buttons are just for the game. you could zoom in on the player about to go and zoom out to play. add up to four player action, and maybe wifi and you got it made
yaynds.gif

also you could use the stylus for moving the map just touch and hold!

EDIT: I Actually think that holding the DS side ways would work great! Use only the touch screen with some buttons, and not all the map will be visible like worms, and i think worms was a very well put together game (open warfare 2) If you think that holding it sideways wouldnt work then go ahead and do it like worms. actually the concept of haveing a togglable map is pretty cool.

Seaniam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id like to see 'lmp-ng' updated to include album art and artist/album/genre sorting. Source is available, suprised no one has yet.

Heck id like to see all that implemented into Moonshell2 whilst its recieving this ongoing make over...

Shadow10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dunno if it is out there or not but a jig saw puzzle creator/solver.
some type of screen saver?
first aid?
medical dictionary?
lol a narrator?
Sound Recorder?

Just a Few ideas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination