What homebrew would you like to see made/repaired?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by PettingZoo, Mar 21, 2009.

1. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Personally I would like Beup to be remade or another MSN client altogether, mainly because using bitlbee via clirc is tiring.

2. mcjones92

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    I miss the Wifi voice chat client for some reason

3. omgdaniel

Newcomer omgdaniel Advanced Member

United States

1. Wrong section

2. If you bothered to look at the homebrew section, you will see several posts stating that Beup Live is back.

- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142396

4. Shadow10

Newcomer Shadow10 Advanced Member

Canada
    i's like to see dso on the go again with a new look or features, but i dunno if that will happen.

5. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    It's been ported on the PSP so it is on the go, but it would be interesting to use it with the touch screen.

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I'd like to see any emulator project get back on its feet.

NES DS, Lameboy, SNEmulDS, jEnesisDS, NeoDS, ApprenticeMinusDS, they all seem to have completely stopped.

SNEmulDS could REALLY use the support!

7. jaywilson

Member jaywilson GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    fretfury

8. geokes

Newcomer geokes Member

United Kingdom
    I'd love to see some of the emulators to get more work and I want a Castlevania:SOTN conversion [​IMG]

9. OneMichael

Newcomer OneMichael Advanced Member

Canada
    I'd like a good typing application. It seems any one out there is full of bugs. I seem to be using DSO for my shopping lists, but I can't leave it on because it doesn't have a proper sleep feature and drains my batteries.

10. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    [​IMG]
    I'd like to see a version of the flash game Tanks
    and beyond that and upgraded version of that game [​IMG] you know graphics and all that.

and sure some emulators being started again would be nice [​IMG]

11. OneMichael

Newcomer OneMichael Advanced Member

Canada
    You know what? DSMaps. It's technically still in alpha stages, but it's very handy. I combed over my city at all but the closest zoom levels, so I can browse through the cache when I'm on the go. I can't leave it on, though, because it doesn't have a proper sleep function. It doesn't even turn the screens off, which means I really can't leave it on for long (If I'm using it in daylight, I have to turn my screen brightness up, too, which means I might only get several hours out of it). I'd love to be able to scroll with my stylus, have more on-screen controls, maybe have satellite or terrain views, and rotate the screen if I want to hold the DS sideways. There's really a lot that can be done with that.
    Multiplayer map browsing! Cheats! Cool sound-effects!

Actually, an application to create your own map based on a series of split-up images would be amazing (though completely different from DSMaps). I have the local transit bus map with all the bus routes, but I have to use Moonshell or DSO for that.

12. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you want to keep it powered longer, you could get one of those external rechargers that take AA batteries or something. Personally I made my own - just cut a car charger in half, hook it up to a 4-AA battery compartment from Radio Shack, tape the connecting area with electrical tape, and I can now recharge my DS at least twice from a single set of 4 AA batteries. It's worth a look at least, if you want to have a portable recharger with you.

13. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I wish geosDS would get an update. It was never updated with DLDI support, so it's essentially been left to die.

14. xdzt

Newcomer xdzt Member

United States
    That game is basically Scorched Earth! Thanks for the link, I'll have to have a play when I get home from uni today.

As for porting it to DS, I've thought about Scorched Earth DS quite a bit, but I have trouble imagining how to implement it on DS. The problem is the DS screens are small and vertically stacked. You could hold it brain-age style and use the full 386 pixels it affords, but I rarely find that orientation to be comfortable -- I always find myself pressing buttons I don't intend to. You could also do a WormsDS-esque effort where you have a zoomed in portion on one screen and a map on the other (at least, that's what I recall... been awhile since I tried out Worms), but I think that would be clunky and cumbersome. I suppose you could always attempt to squeeze all the action into one screen, but I feel that there wouldn't be enough real estate to authentically and pleasantly recreate the experience.

If you have any good thoughts on how you could present such a game on a DS, I'm all ears.

15. Shadow10

Canada
    dsmaps i agree with that one.

16. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    [​IMG]
    well i was thinking you should just use both the screens vertically and add a map function, brought up with a button along with using the dpad to move on the map, that way the rest of the buttons are just for the game. you could zoom in on the player about to go and zoom out to play. add up to four player action, and maybe wifi and you got it made [​IMG]

also you could use the stylus for moving the map just touch and hold!

EDIT: I Actually think that holding the DS side ways would work great! Use only the touch screen with some buttons, and not all the map will be visible like worms, and i think worms was a very well put together game (open warfare 2) If you think that holding it sideways wouldnt work then go ahead and do it like worms. actually the concept of haveing a togglable map is pretty cool.

17. Seaniam

Newcomer Seaniam Member

Australia
    Id like to see 'lmp-ng' updated to include album art and artist/album/genre sorting. Source is available, suprised no one has yet.

Heck id like to see all that implemented into Moonshell2 whilst its recieving this ongoing make over...

18. Shadow10

Canada
    dunno if it is out there or not but a jig saw puzzle creator/solver.
    some type of screen saver?
    first aid?
    medical dictionary?
    lol a narrator?
    Sound Recorder?

Just a Few ideas

19. Dead End

Member Dead End GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Id personaly like to see a Sonic the hedgehog game

even if it is collections of the 1st,2nd,3rd, and sonic and knukles

20. Ballistic