Hacking What has the better music player? 3DS Music or Supercard DSTWO Player?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A. Turning up the decibels ruins sound quality I doubt anyone would go beyond 125% out of 200%, And you must not own a 3DS because the "max volume" speaker or headphones is incredibly soft. Not fit for music playback, and personally, not fit for gaming.
The max volume of the headphone is really low, but the speaker sound is very loud. I mean, people actually asked me a couple of times to lower the volume of my 3DS because it was competing with the TV volume. Of course, the 3DS was not made to be a mini-stereo system so you cannot use it for a small friends reunion, it was designed to be used by just one person in a moderately quiet environment.

About sound quality, the 3DS speakers really rock. It may not handle low frequencies that well, but for that size no device would. About the headphones, I don't found anything wrong except for the low volume. Taking that aside it work very well and if you get used to the low level of volume, at least you'll be sparing yourself from ruining your ear in the future. If you want exceptional sound quality, unfortunately we're stuck with low quality and high compression music files nowadays. So it doesn't really matter what device you use, you will be stuck with low quality music anyway. The best you can do is buy a vinyl player :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The max volume of the headphone is really low, but the speaker sound is very loud. I mean, people actually asked me a couple of times to lower the volume of my 3DS because it was competing with the TV volume. Of course, the 3DS was not made to be a mini-stereo system so you cannot use it for a small friends reunion, it was designed to be used by just one person in a moderately quiet environment.

About sound quality, the 3DS speakers really rock. It may not handle low frequencies that well, but for that size no device would. About the headphones, I don't found anything wrong except for the low volume. Taking that aside it work very well and if you get used to the low level of volume, at least you'll be sparing yourself from ruining your ear in the future. If you want exceptional sound quality, unfortunately we're stuck with low quality and high compression music files nowadays. So it doesn't really matter what device you use, you will be stuck with low quality music anyway. The best you can do is buy a vinyl player :P

Or uncompressed WAV or FLAC. They're better then MP3. Vinyl gets scratched too easily and is generally more expensive IMHO

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's insanely cheap :blink: The fact it's expandable is a huge plus since another 8 or 16 GB micro SD would be more than enough. You can also hook this up to a car stereo (or cigarette lighter) if you have the right adapter, correct?
Clip+ uses standard micro USB port for charging, so all you need is a car DC adapter to USB port. Rockbox has a feature called car mode where music player will start playing music when car started and stop playing music and self power off once the car is turned off.

You just hook USB cable to car DC port and audio cable to the radio. Now you can listen to music as you drive.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clip+ uses standard micro USB port for charging, so all you need is a car DC adapter to USB port. Rockbox has a feature called car mode where music player will start playing music when car started and stop playing music and self power off once the car is turned off.

You just hook USB cable to car DC port and audio cable to the radio. Now you can listen to music as you drive.

That's awesome, sounds like a really cool music player. As for Rockbox, is it easy to install on there? Thanks for letting me know about it :P

Edit: So, something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lig...1373565230&sr=8-5&keywords=car+DC+adapter+mp3

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super easy. Download the installer and connect player to PC. Pretty much automated from there once you launch the installer.

Nice, pretty straightforward, that's how I like it! To hook it up, I would need something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-Players-Charger/dp/B000CC6I5W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1373565230&sr=8-5&keywords=car DC adapter mp3
http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-2-4Amps-charger-Designed-Android/dp/B00622AG6S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373565344&sr=8-2&keywords=car DC adapter mp3

Now I need to fix my cigarette lighter; the lighter itself somehow got stuck and is near impossible to remove. Might need to go to Jiffy Lube for that :D Well, that and my speakers are blown too (not my fault though).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Or uncompressed WAV or FLAC. They're better then MP3. Vinyl gets scratched too easily and is generally more expensive IMHO
Unfortunately, even with WAV or FLAC the sound quality is really low compared to what our current technology can produce. The main problem is that piracy is killing the phonographic industry, so there's no point for them realesing a higher quality media and people seem not to care as much with audio quality as much as they do with video quality. My Digital Signal Processing professor cited that CD like quality is not enough to register accurately all frequencies in the human voice, and cited as an example a song where the singer sings in very high-pitches and her voice sound awful like she had some speech problem.

About vinyls, yes they're somewhat expensive to maintain but I found it awesome to find 50 year old vinyls still sounding good considering the fact that they were not stored correctly. These things are incredibly durable. :P

EDIT: Just for curiosity, most flac files are actually rips from Vinyl or SACD

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, even with WAV or FLAC the sound quality is really low compared to what our current technology can produce. The main problem is that piracy is killing the phonographic industry, so there's no point for them realesing a higher quality media and people seem not to care as much with audio quality as much as they do with video quality. My Digital Signal Processing professor cited that CD like quality is not enough to register accurately all frequencies in the human voice, and cited as an example a song where the singer sings in very high-pitches and her voice sound awful like she had some speech problem.

About vinyls, yes they're somewhat expensive to maintain but I found it awesome to find 50 year old vinyls still sounding good considering the fact that they were not stored correctly. These things are incredibly durable. :P

EDIT: Just for curiosity, most flac files are actually rips from Vinyl or SACD

I'm not much of an audiophile to care about such nuances. Granted, I can pick up things a lot of people can't (such as emulators compared to real consoles, when there are inaccuracies in the audio), but for music, I use the highest bit rate possible.

akaSM

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I heard you were "thinking"about getting a Clip +

I'll just leave this here:

(that's an older version of the + but, you get the idea)

Also, there's another MP3 player that does the same stuff the Clip + does (same sound quality too) but, has a larger color screen and, a better clip. The Clip Zip. Now, while larger, the screen resolution is a square 96*96 (instead of 128*64) so, is you plan on playing text heavy GB stuff, just get a Clip + because, in the Zip you won't be able to read stuff.

It's pretty much a color vs monochorme and screen size (not resolution!) vs somewhat legible text (and better speed) in GB games in the end.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard you were "thinking"about getting a Clip +

I'll just leave this here:

(that's an older version of the + but, you get the idea)

Also, there's another MP3 player that does the same stuff the Clip + does (same sound quality too) but, has a larger color screen and, a better clip. The Clip Zip. Now, while larger, the screen resolution is a square 96*96 (instead of 128*64) so, is you plan on playing text heavy GB stuff, just get a Clip + because, in the Zip you won't be able to read stuff.

It's pretty much a color vs monochorme and screen size (not resolution!) vs somewhat legible text (and better speed) in GB games in the end.

I don't plan on using emulators on that, but it is pretty cool nonetheless :P I'll probably get one of those USB to DC adapters so I can hook it up to my car stereo, but I need to fix the cigarette lighter (the lighter is stuck in there somehow), and the speakers need to be replaced (blown, but also not my fault). That alone will cost me a pretty penny :rofl2: I heard this supports ReplayGain, which helps maintain an average sound level throughout the songs so they avoid clipping. I know Foobar2000 supports it, adding to my songs will be a pain though.

I couldn't help notice the advent of the SanDisk Clip Zip, would I be better choosing that over the Clip + ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw