Hacking What happened with DSiWare? Possibilities with devMenu?

felystar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always wanted to play Wario Ware Snapped, and now that Gateway works on 9.2 sysNAND and I have installed devMenu, is it a way to convert a .bin file of that game to a .CIA or anyway to get that file working on emuNAND?

Reactions: tozevleal

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to play that Wario ware game too.

Is there a public way to rip or dump eshop games at all?
I wouldn't mind buying it if I can make a backup copy.

tozevleal

Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
I have always wanted to play Wario Ware Snapped, and now that Gateway works on 9.2 sysNAND and I have installed devMenu, is it a way to convert a .bin file of that game to a .CIA or anyway to get that file working on emuNAND?

I not sure if it is possible... But maybe this could help the dsi scene

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure DSiWare games don't work in emuNAND yet. It's the same case with GBA games, as I believe both launch in the 3DS' DS mode, which freezes emuNAND.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would do anything to be able to use DSiWare on the Gateway. Legally purchased stuff isn't even available any longer! (Zelda, Wario, etc.). It's scary to think of those things being lost forever!

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure DSiWare games don't work in emuNAND yet. It's the same case with GBA games, as I believe both launch in the 3DS' DS mode, which freezes emuNAND.

Yeah, was looking at that last night. Sadly it's a no go. Not even sure where to begin trying to figure that one out.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I would do anything to be able to use DSiWare on the Gateway. Legally purchased stuff isn't even available any longer! (Zelda, Wario, etc.). It's scary to think of those things being lost forever!
There's a method of running them discovered in the last few days

1. Use FunkyCia to convert your dsiware to valid cia's. (or find them)
2. Use gateway (or pbt-cfw) to install the cia's on 4.5 sysnand using devmenu.
3. Run PBT-CFW and launch the dsiware from sysnand. Even if the cia wasn't from your system, it will work. (not telling you where to find these private dumps, sorry)

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a method of running them discovered in the last few days

1. Use FunkyCia to convert your dsiware to valid cia's. (or find them)
2. Use gateway (or pbt-cfw) to install the cia's on 4.5 sysnand using devmenu.
3. Run PBT-CFW and launch the dsiware from sysnand. Even if the cia wasn't from your system, it will work. (not telling you where to find these private dumps, sorry)

Oh wow, are you serious? Is there a thread here detailing this?

also I take it there's no way to run these things on a DSi, even with a DStwo cart, right?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify why it fails in emuNAND, I actually did a test on this with KARL. So TWL_FIRM is supposed to work in a normal, vanilla emuNAND, however Gateway screws over the keys for TWL so it fails to boot (or they messed with the firm launch code to fix Smash). However even without that, DS carts will boot fine, but DSiware won't. The reason for this particular error is that when the 3DS reboots, it attempts to look for that piece of DSiWare on the sysNAND, fails to find it, and then crashes.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify why it fails in emuNAND, I actually did a test on this with KARL. So TWL_FIRM is supposed to work in a normal, vanilla emuNAND, however Gateway screws over the keys for TWL so it fails to boot (or they messed with the firm launch code to fix Smash). However even without that, DS carts will boot fine, but DSiware won't. The reason for this particular error is that when the 3DS reboots, it attempts to look for that piece of DSiWare on the sysNAND, fails to find it, and then crashes.
So does that mean if say the cubic ninja exploit ends up eventually working on original 3ds systems and you remove the ds exploit on sysnand by running a ds mode game would dsiware games work then as long as you use cubic ninja to load gateway instead of the ds mode exploit? Forgive me if i'm wrong about that. :O

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean if say the cubic ninja exploit ends up eventually working on original 3ds systems and you remove the ds exploit on sysnand by running a ds mode game would dsiware games work then as long as you use cubic ninja to load gateway instead of the ds mode exploit? Forgive me if i'm wrong about that. :O

I would like to know this too.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for bumping an old thread but has anyone ever tried this? Also maybe via installing a dsiware .cia into sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb