Homebrew What Happend to my SD card?

Iwoomynati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was grabbing some new roms for Twilightmenu++ and ejected my sd card, pooped it into my ds and things started to not work. First, my entire nds folder was deleted so my roms and saves are gone, things like PKSM will no longer boot and I can't reinstall them with FBI, and as of recently, my 3ds wont read any of the CFW on my sd card. Is it completely corrupted? If so, is there any way to get all my cfw back on my 3ds?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was grabbing some new roms for Twilightmenu++ and ejected my sd card, pooped it into my ds and things started to not work. First, my entire nds folder was deleted so my roms and saves are gone, things like PKSM will no longer boot and I can't reinstall them with FBI, and as of recently, my 3ds wont read any of the CFW on my sd card. Is it completely corrupted? If so, is there any way to get all my cfw back on my 3ds?
Now you know why every where tells you to keep backups on more than just one device or storage unit. First you can empty the sd card and run https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html to verify the card is still good and not corrupt in any way. Any errors returned means you will need a new sd card or things like this could start happening again. If no errors with a completely empty card we shall start onto some other things to look into.

Iwoomynati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a "backup." kind of on my mac with everything straight from my sd card as soon as things started to go wrong.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a "backup." kind of on my mac with everything straight from my sd card as soon as things started to go wrong.
You should still take a look at running that program for your sd card. You could either run a vm for windows for your mac. or you can use the mac version of the program found at https://3ds.hacks.guide/f3x-(mac)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it completely corrupted?
Can you still read it with your PC? Before you erase it, you can try to use standard data recovery software on it. This reddit thread recommends Testdisk, which is free and open source. You may also have more luck copying files off using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier rather than Windows Explorer.

EDIT: If you already have a recent backup, then you don't really need to worry about that.

If so, is there any way to get all my cfw back on my 3ds?
CFW (specifically, b9s) is installed to your 3DS internally. All you really need to get started with a fresh SD card is boot.3dsx (the Homebrew Launcher) and boot.firm (Luma).

Iwoomynati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: If you already have a recent backup, then you don't really need to worry about that.

CFW (specifically, b9s) is installed to your 3DS internally. All you really need to get started with a fresh SD card is boot.3dsx (the Homebrew Launcher) and boot.firm (Luma).[/QUOTE]
Oh good, if I need a new SD it won't be a pain in the ass :) thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What if I can't get F3X to open w/o crashing automatically?

Last edited by Iwoomynati,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, uh no
    Well... Maybe :shy::blush:
    +2
    No Skin Flute Shall Go Unblown :teach:
    +2
    Seamen :D
    +1
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players...