Hacking what hapened with moonlight and m3 sakura team?

• Thread starter sumarth
  • Start date
  • Views 4,793
  • Replies 36

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
If you already have an M3 card there is no point in buying another brand.

You and Densetsu are apparently the only people thinking logically. Anyone that cares will suddenly find problems with their cart. so they can justify wasting money on a different one. If I ever get another cart. I'll get an M3 brand.

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I didn't say I was going to stop using the cart or something, I just wish my money had gone to people who were not dickish IP thieves. The M3izero was the best card at the moment according to my research, so that is what I bought.

I shop at walmart too... it would be nice if that money was not going to an evil exploitive megacorp, but hey what ya gonna do the have the best prices.

I may have an idealist streak, but I don't let it step on my capitalist pocketbook.

Now, if the supercard DStwo ends up being the equal of the zero, or other comeptition comes along...

In the future, armed with this bit of drama, and the rudolph story; given the option between an M3 product and an equal product from someone else I'm likely to give my money to the less dickish of the two.

Business ethics has a place, not to bring in customers, but to avoid chasing away those on the fence.

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am blown away by this! I guess I always thought of the m3 team as the good guys. You know, providing a quality product with good support in a sea fo crap...

This seriously disturbs me... I am without a doubt no longer a customer of M3, I have boughtten dozens of M3 Real's and dozens of M3i's and I simply cannot believe that they would do that considering the bad rep they will now have due to this.

I'm switching to the acekard as far as what I'll buy and sell to friends.

Everyone should go to their web site and email them to let them know that they f-ed up. They need to hear from us and to know that they have not gotten away with this.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kenpachi said:
I am blown away by this! I guess I always thought of the m3 team as the good guys. You know, providing a quality product with good support in a sea fo crap...

This seriously disturbs me... I am without a doubt no longer a customer of M3, I have boughtten dozens of M3 Real's and dozens of M3i's and I simply cannot believe that they would do that considering the bad rep they will now have due to this.

I'm switching to the acekard as far as what I'll buy and sell to friends.

Everyone should go to their web site and email them to let them know that they f-ed up. They need to hear from us and to know that they have not gotten away with this.
thats the stupidest thing you could do the m3 cart itself is great and im saying it again the m3 is probably the best cart out atm and moonlight isnt gonna come and cut your head off if you buy it!!

Dark Justice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
members.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
I must say, I haven't been around for long and this is very disappointing to hear, but I still bought an M3 Real 2 days ago. Why? Because I feel confident in it more than the others. I don't know why, but it just feels like it's a good quality product to me. Yeah, there is some slimeball out there that screwed someone over, but that isn't going to stop me from using an M3 Real.. I don't care what has happened, but yes it's sad when an oppurtunity is screwed over like that, but it's not my fault. It happened, it's over, and nothing will change anything.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont feed the troll

we never got the the real truth
we got 2 different so called truths and people took sides

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
dont feed the troll

we never got the the real truth
we got 2 different so called truths and people took sides

I agree with Joe88.

GBalpha denied the main points, and claimed the Japanese distributor was the only one who ever dealt directly with Moonlight.

Enjoy your M3 products, and buy something else if/when it wears out... if it really bothers you.

We'll never really know.
wacko.gif

As an aside, why does it surprise anyone that a company that makes flashcarts wouldn't care about "stealing" intellectual property?

smile.gif

Dark Justice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
members.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
I am sure they don't care, but what can we really do? Nothing is going to make them care. We will probably never know the truth to this.. Buying or not buying the product isn't going to change anything. Sadly, some situations can't be helped.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rob_Threat said:
As an aside, why does it surprise anyone that a company that makes flashcarts wouldn't care about "stealing" intellectual property?
+1

If it bothers you so much that the M3 team allegedly ripped off Moonlight, just think of all of the game developers you are ripping off when you pirate a game. It's a double standard.

samyswiny2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just registered on these forums after reading them for a week or two.

Anyways, i was wandering how does sakura update if moonlight is not working on it anymore?

Also is there final conclusion on what happened between both parties?

Thanks

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
haven't used moonshell2 myself, have used sakura but I prefer touchpod as I don't really care about the touchscreen capabilities and I like making themes for touchpod. I'm gonna say maybe moonlight should set up some sort of online donation system so the people who use sakura can donate money to him if they feel so inclined to do so. Hell if you use moonshell2 and want to donate to moonlight then so be it!

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
thats the stupidest thing you could do the m3 cart itself is great and im saying it again the m3 is probably the best cart out atm and moonlight isnt gonna come and cut your head off if you buy it!!

Who's worried about moonlight coming to get us? This is about ethics, and some of us still have them. From what I've seen online the last few years anyone born after 1985 mysteriously has no reguard to anyone's feelings but their own so what are you going to do ehh? F em all right kids? I worry deeply for the future...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kenpachi said:
Rockstar said:

Who's worried about moonlight coming to get us? This is about ethics, and some of us still have them. From what I've seen online the last few years anyone born after 1985 mysteriously has no reguard to anyone's feelings but their own so what are you going to do ehh? F em all right kids? I worry deeply for the future...
so if you dont buy the cart moonlight wont suddenly get profit too you know when buying a cart just think about the cart and not the team so yeah your statement it pretty dumb i respect moonlight and his hard work but can we change what happened?no
thanks and please dont start a flame war this is my opinion and i respect yours too
happy new year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh