Hacking What games are playable without JB?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for a fact that I've seen a few (hardly any) PS3 game isos that say once you install the supplied patched Eboot.pkg file, you'll be able to play the game straight from the XMB (no dongle nor backup manager), on systems that are NOT jailbroken. At least I think that's how it works.

Just a couple of questions:
1 - Does this mean I can have a JB PS3, get the game all working nicely, install the Eboot.pkg file, make sure it works via XMB, then update to 3.70, and still be able to play it via XMB?
2 - If not, what the heck is this for then?
3 - If so, is there a known list of games that can work like this?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well theres an easy way to find out. Install your games and update to OFW 3.55. If it does work than it should on 3.70...
I only know 1 game that works that way its SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection. I have not tried many titles but i am sure theres not many more.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magsor said:
Well theres an easy way to find out. Install your games and update to OFW 3.55. If it does work than it should on 3.70...
I only know 1 game that works that way its SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection. I have not tried many titles but i am sure theres not many more.

Good point. I'll have to try that sometime
smile.gif

EDIT: If anyone else knows any known working games like this, please post them here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Gnight