Hacking What FW is everyone using?

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious, wonder how many fuses a switch has? I know they are microscopic.

Just crazy, Nintendo purposely blow fuses to prevent downgrading firmware lol. Seems like that is still destruction of property.
1. At the moment the switch has 7 fuses (from 1.0 - 6.0). They add fuses when the next major update comes/to patch a softmod.
2. They have actually done this to prevent downgrading. Although it doesn't look like it's been very successful. Once the sleep mode issue gets resolved then the fuses will be basically pointless (for hacked switches).

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. At the moment the switch has 7 fuses (from 1.0 - 6.0). They add fuses when the next major update comes/to patch a softmod.
2. They have actually done this to prevent downgrading. Although it doesn't look like it's been very successful. Once the sleep mode issue gets resolved then the fuses will be basically pointless (for hacked switches).
They don't add fuses with each update, they burn the fuses that are already there.
The switch currently has 7 burned fuses, and several unburned ones. (Unsure of how many, but I'd guess more than enough to keep burning away)

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They don't add fuses with each update, they burn the fuses that are already there.
The switch currently has 7 burned fuses, and several unburned ones. (Unsure of how many, but I'd guess more than enough to keep burning away)
Yeah. I don't think there is a certain amount of fuses they can burn. Who knows it could be infinite (highly unlikely).

mezz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
quick google says it's 32 fuses: There are 256 bits in the set of ODM_RESERVED fuses, and there are 8 ODM_RESERVED. This allows for 32 fuses, or 32 future FW versions (provided they burn a fuse on every major release).

EDIT: still on 5.1 myself, nothing special done to prevent fuse burning, as I only went to SXOS and auto rcm after updating to 5.1

Last edited by mezz0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry